➳18➳

~Previously HTCAG~

"She came here everyday after school hours asking if you were fine and informed me that her boyfriend had now broken up and he was suspended from class." Natsu sighed and leaned forward to rest his head in his hands.

"Ah ah ah. You can't do that." She immediately raised his head and Natsu huffed.

"How bad is it?" He asked. The nurse didn't respond quickly, but answered simply, "You had to get staples and you have a concussion, no damage to the brain or much to the skull. Be lucky that guy had some grace."

Natsu looked down at his hands, which were kind of shaky and whispered, "Like hell he had grace."

~~~

"You're awake!" Natsu heard Lucy gasp and jumped out of her hospital chair, tackling Natsu with a hug.

She blabbered about how she broke up with Sting and she came everyday after school to drop off homework and watch over him. But Natsu didn't pay attention, he took in the scent of Lucy's hair and they way her body fit when she hugged him. He bet every guy could've felt that though.

After her stuttering and hugging, she sat at the edge of Natsu's hospital bed, occasionally glancing at his head.

"I'm fine, just a concussion." Natsu answered without her questioning. She sighed quietly and looked down, running her pink-nailed finger along the pattern of the bed.

"There was blood everywhere." She choked and pursed her lips with guilt.

"Lucy--" She sobbed and looked at him with her big eyes filled with fat drops of tears.

"I-I..." She seemed as if she didn't know what to say, but her fidgeting said otherwise. She was hiding something.

"Lucy.. What are you hiding?" Natsu tried to lean forward, but a small pain started to rise in his head and he leaned back against the headrest.

"N-nothing." Lucy wiped her tears and smiled, but more tears streamed down her face the more she wiped.

"Lucy--"

"Nothing." Lucy sternly spoke through a strained voice.

Natsu shut his mouth after that, knowing that he would only make their tight-roped relationship worse if he pressed. His jaw clenched and he swallowed slowly, afraid of the awkwardness between them.

"I'm going to go." Lucy announced in a deadly whisper. She grabbed her backpack and took down her ponytail from it's ruined appearance. 

"I love you." Natsu dared to say. He saw Lucy clench the door's handle, making her knuckles turn white, before she swung it open with either anger or sadness, and walking out.

Natsu said nothing for a minute before he snapped and threw his fist into the armrest of his hospital bed and screaming in pain from him shaking his head in anger. Immediately, he pressed the assistance button for nurses and they rushed in to take care of him.

For once, Natsu was in love.

And for once, he cried over her in public.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ