➳19➳

~previously on HTCAG~

"I love you." Natsu dared to say. He saw Lucy clench the door's handle, making her knuckles turn white, before she swung it open with either anger or sadness, and walking out.

Natsu said nothing for a minute before he snapped and threw his fist into the armrest of his hospital bed and screaming in pain from him shaking his head in anger. Immediately, he pressed the assistance button for nurses and they rushed in to take care of him.

For once, Natsu was in love.

And for once, he cried over her in public.
~~~

Natsu watched the clock tick in boredom as he tapped his fingers and sighed.

Lucy hadn't come to visit him in the past week, the only visitors he got were family members and Gray.

But all Gray wanted to talk about his new girlfriend, Juvia Lockser. It was great and all, but he didn't want to talk about it. And his family didn't have anything new besides Zeref coming back from his job for a break.

Frustrated, Natsu smashed the assistance button and he waited for 4 nurses to come in and help him.

They checked his health and his head, asking questions.

"I'm fine." Natsu said flatly. The nurses looked at him with confusion and he answered, "I'm just bored."

2 nurses huffed and left, cursing at Natsu for tricking them and Natsu stuck his tongue out. Some of these nurses were mean.

The last 2 nurses stood there and looked at Natsu and one spoke, "Natsu, we assist health, not boredom." Before she walked away and left the last nurse with Natsu. She giggled, covering her mouth and soon clutched her sides as her laughter grew.

"What's so funny?" Natsu asked moodily and the nurse opened her eyes and smiled at Natsu.

"I've never seen someone act like that before in a hospital." Natsu swallowed nervously at the sound of her voice and stared in her eyes. They were a soft hazel and they glossed with personality, her hair was long and slung over her shoulder in a blonde, wavy form and she had a small chest.

"Why were you bored?" She asked. Natsu rolled his eyes and replied, "There's nothing to do in a hospital room. I need to do something."

Then nurse tapped her chin in thought and muttered, "Maybe I can get you out of the room, but not outside."

Natsu beamed and said childishly, "Really?" The nurse nodded and gave him a smile, her cheeks a lush pink.

"Sure! Just wait a minute." She said. Natsu nodded and she left the room.

She was a nice nurse, and Natsu liked her. But he didn't want her, he's not giving in just yet. Natsu furrowed his eyebrows in determination, he'll get her back, he's not in the mood anymore to sulk.

Thanks for reading! Make sure to leave a comment, vote, like, and follow for more chapters of HTCAG! ᴥᵔ