Sixteen.

1 hour later, I was all dressed and ready. I wore my black jeans trouser and a red short sleevs top. My bag was all packed and in the living room all ready. Agofure Motor Park was about 25 minutes away from where we lived and I'd have to get a taxi there. Looking at the time I had about 45 minutes left.

"Ijeoma, come on. I don't want to miss the bus." I called Oma who was still putting her make-up on. I wondered why she was even taking her time to wear make-up seeing that she was only accompanying me to the bus stop and then back home.

"If I'm late I won't be happy o."

"Relax, I'll be out soon." She shouted from the bedroom.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. It was 8:20 a.m. who could possibly be knocking on our door at this time?

I opened the door and standing in front of me was Buchi.  His hands were in his pockets and he had his usual smile on his face. He always for some reason seems to show up here uninvited. Well, at least, I don't look like a mess this time; my eyes aren't puffy and I'm not crying.

"Hi Samira." he greeted.

"Buchi, what are you doing here this morning?" Geez, where are my manners, I thought to myself? "I'm sorry, that was a bit rude. Good morning."

"Morning." he replied. "You look nice today," he said.

"By nice, you mean, I'm not crying my eyes off, right?" I raise my eyebrows, a slight smirk on my face.

"Well . . . I didn't say anything o." he chuckled. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah. Yeah sure." I opened the gate and he walked in, after taking off his shoes by the door. "So, what brings you to our place of abode this morning?" I asked as he sat on the chair.

Before he had the chance to answer my question, Oma walked in, her face all made up. She was wearing a knee-length dress, which revealed her long slender legs. She exchanged glances with Buchi and immediately, it dawned on me the reason she was taking so long in getting ready. She knew he was coming this morning, so she wanted to look good for him.

"He offered to drive you to the park," Oma smiled and looked at Buchi, who was smiling too.

"Really?" I looked at him, then at Oma and then at him again.

It was Buchi's turn to speak now, "Yeah you mentioned about travelling home today, and I didn't want you to have to walk down to wait for a taxi under the hot sun with your bag. Not after what happened yesterday. You don't need the stress right now."

My eyes were nearly tearing with gratitude. "That's so nice of you Buchi. Thank you."

Then I turned to Oma, "You were in on it, weren't you?" and she laughed.

"Okay, are you girls ready?" he said to the both of us.

"Yup," we replied in unison.

Buchi helped carry my bag to the car and Oma and I followed behind him. She locked the door, not after reminding me if I had my own key. It was in my hand bag. We got in the car and Buchi drove off. There wasn't a lot of traffic on the road so in about twenty minutes we arrived at the park.

I spotted one of the buses –the one I was meant to be travelling in and it wasn't full yet. It was a one of these air-conditioned, luxurious, coaster buses. Once Buchi parked, I quickly got out of the car, so did Oma. Buchi helped with my bag whilst Oma and I dashed down to the cashier to purchase a ticket to Port-Harcourt. My bus was gradually filling up with people, so, I couldn't hang around. I had to get in so I could get a comfortable place to sit.