Fifty nine

He looked dashing. He was casually dressed, in a way I'd not seen him before. And although, he was not suited up like he normally does for work, he still managed to pull it off and look so sexy. He was wearing a white shirt with a denim jacket over it, on top of a dark blue trousers and black loafers. Simple, but sexy.
The sleeves of his jacket were rolled up to his elbow, revealing a gold watch on his left wrist. I didn't know what kind of watch it was, but I could guess it was a designer one. 
My eyes scanned his big, strong, hairy hands. And for a moment, I just wanted to reach out and grab a hold of them. I imagined those hands holding me, touching me and . . .  I had to snap myself back to reality.

The smile on his face revealed exactly how I felt. "Good evening beautiful," he said, his voice husky and low. He gave me a hug and then a kiss on the cheeks. He smelt divine.

I introduced him to Oma and vice versa.

"Hi, I've heard so much about you," He reached out for a handshake.

"And I've heard about you too." Oma replied smiling.

"Well, I hope they are all nice things you've heard?" Then, he turned to me. "Please tell me you've been singing my praises to your friend." I just giggled sheepishly. I couldn't utter a word. I was just blushing underneath my melanin covered skin.

"Oh don't worry, if she hasn't been singing your praises, I wouldn't be handing her over to you right now. It's all good." Oma winked at me.

"I see," Kenny turned to me, his eyes conveying so many emotions, all of which I could only say was affection. My stomach turned. The butterflies inside were fluttering so hard against my ribcage.

"Alright, I'm gonna leave you guys to go have fun," Oma voiced.

"What way are you going? I can drop you off." Kenny asked.

She declined, as I knew she would. "Oh no. You two lovebirds go and enjoy yourself. I'll find my way."

As I hugged Oma goodbye, she whispered, "I like him already. He seems like he's got his head screwed on tight. Have fun! I'll be calling you tomorrow to get all the gist."

We got into the car and drove off. From the rearview mirror, I could see Oma waving at us, until we turned the corner and she disappeared from my sight.

We drove for about two minutes in silence. Even though the A.C was on, I could feel the sweat seeping out of my pores. A nervous sweat.

Kenny turned to me and smiled. I returned the smile. He turned to the road ahead again. I could tell he had something on his mind because he kept glancing at me, wanting to say something but never opening his mouth to speak.

After a while he said, "You look so beautiful tonight Samira."

"Oh thank you," I replied shyly. "So do you. You look very nice. I love your shirt and your watch."

He nodded. "Thank you." Then he faced the road ahead again.

Why was he acting strange? Why wasn't he saying much? We've never been this awkward with each other before. I hope he's not going to act like this all night.

I shrugged inwardly. 

"Oh my gosh Samira," he started to speak after a few seconds, as though he read my mind. "I'm sorry if you feel I'm acting weird. I'm just really. . . I'm so nervous." He confessed. "It's kinda been a while since I've done this. . .you know. . . And you are just so . . . gorgeous . . .And I'm . . ." He gazed at me and I could tell, he really was nervous.