Eighty-one

Daniel

Although Daniel still had his issues with His fianceé, they were trying to work things out in a respectable way. He tried to overlook most of the things she did, thinking in his head, "if I turn a blind eye to this, then it never really happened."
It seemed to be working for him, for the both of them. Sort of.

He was okay with it. At least that's what he kept on telling himself. Kim was living like she was in Fantasyland. She didn't seem to see that there was something wrong between the two of them so she didn't even see the need to want to resolve anything. Maybe she wasn't paying attention or she too was turning a blind eye to the issues.
It was both frustrating and irritating to Daniel. But he kept his cool. He didn't want to be that whiny guy. He just went with the flow.

This whole issue for Daniel seemed to have stemmed from what happened during the Christmas holiday, her visit to her parents' and him not getting invited. The way she left him on his own, seeing no wrong on what she'd done.
He was deeply hurt by it.  And because they hadn't really talked about it, he was still carrying the grudge, even months later. It was eating him up by the day.
But he couldn't talk about it because he didn't want to have to bring it up again and face Kim rolling her eyes or cursing out loud like she does whenever she gets annoyed.

They hadn't really been talking recently. The only sort of communication they've been having was through sex. Honestly, the sex was good, but that's not all there is to a relationship.

Not being invited to meet her family made Daniel feel unwanted. Heck, it even made him question the love Kim had for him. Did she even love him at all?

But then again, he was doing the same thing, wasn't he? He was keeping the knowledge of Kim from his family. Despite Gift's advise to tell his mother, he still hadn't. Why? The question still remained unanswerable.
He was doing the same thing that Kim did to him. So why was he angry?

He had no right to be, right?

The thoughts were eating him up and he knew had to talk to someone about it

"Yo mate, I can't believe you haven't told your family," This was Victor talking. "I swear I thought they knew about it."

The two lads were at their regular pub and had ordered their regular drinks and food. Daniel rubbed his beards in frustration. He knew fully well what Victor was going to ask next.

"Why? Why haven't you told anyone?"

He shook his head, his words failing him.

"Don't you think they deserve to know though?" Victor continued. "I mean. . .wait a minute o. How are you planning on preparing for this wedding if your family are unaware? Abi are you not planning on inviting anyone?"

Victor's question was met with no response.

"You're just gonna be there on your own. No mum or sisters, no family. Na wa o."

"I dunno," Daniel responded. "I've thought about it but. . ."

"But what?"

And he gave the same flimsy excuse again. "My mum. . .I feel like she won't like Kim"

Victor gave Daniel a look. "What makes you think so?"

"I don't know. But I know my mum." Daniel said. "And Kim. . .I dunno. . .she is just. . ."

"Whoa whoa whoa. . ." Victor held his hand up to Daniel. "What? Kim is just what?"

Daniel ran his hand over his head and huffed. "I dunno. . .she is. . ." He couldn't get his words out.