Chapter 15

Arthur received a black box as he exited the tunnel for the school for evil.
This was another plan to try and get the Good and Evil school working together. Arthur wondered if it was for if a larger evil merges and they have to fight together. The story kind of twist you see in books. Or maybe it was because the School Master didn't like the way the two schools treated one another...Or even deeper plots could be buried ready to bring to the surface.
Arthur shook it off and he looked around he couldn't see Alfred just yet. He sat on the blue grass and watched the tunnel leading from the school for good waiting for him.
He felt stupid for doing it. But he did it... he didn't know why... but he was doing it... no logic to it... but he was doing it.
He sighed and looked down at the tub, the food inside was mould ridden or crusty. He decided he would give it a pass, even if he had poor taste in food. He still had standards.
Finally Alfred wandered through with a brunette girl bouncing at his side. She was beautiful... Alfred looked at her the way he hadn't seen him look at anyone else before. He suddenly felt insecure... his chest ached. What was happening.
He felt a tight grip on his hair, it pulled him upwards and a obnoxious laugh came with it.
"Who you lookin at? Alfred?..." the albino boy teased. Arthur huffed and tried to swat the male away. "Why the hell would I be looking at Alfred?" Arthur spat. "Oh come on! Everyone knows your into him... just come out and admit it." The makes loud voice boomed across the grass clearing causing everyone to stop and stare. Alfred was there, his eyes wide as he stared at Arthur.
Oh no... please no...
He felt a lump in his throat. "Just let go of me." Arthur looked at the ground so he wouldn't meet Alfred's painful stare.
"Not till you admit it... you're gay for Alfred F. Jones. The never in love with the prince. How tragic." He laughed again. Arthur looked up at Alfred maybe he wouldn't believe it. Maybe he would admit he loved him too. Maybe he would help him.
Arthur watched the girl hold Alfred's arm tightly. He leant down and kissed her head.
That was it...

... snap...

His body ached and everything went quiet for Arthur. It went to slow motion as the girl looked up at Alfred he smiled sadly down at her.
He felt he could read their thoughts.
"It's sad. A never is in love with me. Disgusting. I knew I was too close to him. I felt bad."
"He's... gay? For my Alfred?"

Arthur breathed heavily. Left with his thoughts to fill the silence.

When did this happen? When did I admit to being in love with such an idiot. When did I ever think I had a chance. When he saved me? When he believed in me... when I did the same for him. I'm a never. Nevers are chosen to be in the school for evil because their hearts are black and love means nothing! It means nothing. Alfred means nothing!

But he does mean something...

Everything came back into its usual motion as the couple turned back to Arthur.
Arthur felt his teeth clench.

He never wanted to be in love. Never once. It was disgusting. Someone owning you. Saying your every part is there's.

There are two types of people in stories. Those who fall in love. And those who live in the background. The best friend in love with the main character. Forgotten. The background characters with lives for a main character forgotten. They mean nothing. Just something for the audience to laugh at. How funny it is to see someone never be happy.
"They're so stupid for falling in love with someone who's so going to be with the other main role."
Arthur had enough of that role. He had enough of being that role.
He was the best friend with Francis and now he was he best friend with Alfred.

Arthur didn't want any of the roles. He wanted to make his own.

"GET OFF ME GILBERT!" He turned and hit him hard in the face. "You fucking idiot. I didn't say you could touch me. You're just jealous as I have higher grades then you. You're jealous because unlike you I have someone to calm a friend. And my brother's aren't ashamed of me. Gilbert was wide eyed. Arthur turned to look at Ludwig who turned to look the other way, away from his Never sibling. Arthur chuckled looking back.
"You are nothing to my story. You're never going to be in anyone's story. If you're lucky. You might get to be toilet water in someone's story. Maybe a paving slab. Or an animal killed for a witches stew. You look enough like one." Arthur flicked his finger out. His magic no longer a soft blue but a dark maroon.

"ARTHUR!" An American accent came from behind him grabbing his wrist. "Stop what are you doing? What happened? This isn't you?" Alfred had turned Arthur to face him. "This isn't my Arthur."

My Arthur.

My.

Arthur furrowed his brow. "I do not belong to you." He pulled his wrist away striking Alfred across the cheek before he stormed back down the Evil Tunnel and back into school.

From the tower between the schools a menacing grin shone on the school masters face as he watched everything unfold before him.