Chapter 21

Arthur hadn't seen it coming.

Everything went silent.

Arthur's body collapsed to the floor in felt like slow motion.

His body freezes up. He wanted to reach for Alfred but he couldn't move.

His eyes lids became heavy and struggled to keep them open. Arthur could see Alfred moving so fast he was a blur.

He took deep breaths as his eyes shut. He felt someone slowly pick him up. Loud crying brought him back into the original speed of time.

"Arthur, no! Please." Alfred's voice cried through tears. "Don't leave me all alone. I can't be alone."

The Brit was pressed against the American's firm chest.

Alfred F. Jones:
Kind
Passionate
Brave
Strong
Caring
Cocky
Headstrong
Powerful
Beautiful
Amazing
Wonderful
Arthur's

Arthur peeked his eyes open the best he could to look at the crying mess. Tears were streaming down the American's face. Tears pricked Arthur's eyes.

This was the end.

He'd have to say goodbye.

"I-I don't want to go..." he said through a croaky tone.

"I know Arthur, I know." Alfred held him close.

"All I wanted was to just live my life like everyone else... why did I have to be a villain." Arthur cried softly.

"Hush..." Alfred put their noses together. "I'm going to find you... he whispered to him. Then we can be together for ever. We will adopt or find a spell to make babies. We will cuddle and kiss all the time. We will watch plays and eat food together." He laughed "It's going to be so much funny, Artie. We will get married." He smiled brightly. Arthur couldn't help but smile back very weakly.

"I don't want to die..." Arthur cried.

"You won't die. Not when I found someone worth living for. " he hugged the Briton.

Arthur coughed and hacked.

Everyone stood around just staring.

"I want to go home..." Arthur cried, weakly once again.

There was just a moment as everyone was silent. Arthur cried out loudly. His voice echoing through the halls of the school in the dead silence.

After a moment when everything went back to quiet. Alfred spoke up.

"Arthur Kirkland:
Brave,
Intelligent,
Sarcastic,
Handsome,
Caring,
Kind,
Mine."

His time whispered as if he wanted to speak to Arthur alone.

"I love you..." he whispered after he'd finished.

"I-I-" Arthur's eyes grew heavy. Every memory he'd ever had flooding through  his head at the speed of light. Tears filled the emerald gaze. "I love you..." he whispered as everything faded.