Chapter Eight

ANAIS

I moaned, feeling the pressure in my head before I could even open my eyes. I could something warm wrapped around me in contrast with the cold air. I cuddled closer to the warmth and buried, wanting more of it. After collecting myself, I finally had the strength to open my eyes.

My head was resting on a chest. I couldn't recall what happened or how I got here. I inhaled and lifted my head up. I was in a car, in the backseat of the car with him.

"Hey." He smiled.

"Ano'ng ginagawa ko dito?" I asked.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay." I answered. Sinapo ko ang ulo ko. "Sumasakit lang ulo ko. Ano bang nangyari? Bakit ako nandito? Bakit ka nandito?"

"That idiot Steve tried to date-rape you."

"What?" My eyes widened. "You're lying. Hindi magagawa ni Steve yan..."

Coco sat up, obviously pissed off. I unconciously reached over to touch his cheek. "Coco..."

He shoved my hand away. "Why don't you go back to Steve? Hindi ko naman alam na gusto mo yun. Dapat pala pinabayaan na kita."

"Coco, I'm sorry..." I wrapped my arms around his waist and rested my chin on his shoulder. "Wala naman kasi akong alam sa mga nangyari. All I can remember is Steve walking me to the clinic."

"I saw him carrying you out while you're unconcious. You have no idea how scared I was habang hinahanap kita! Halos mabaliw na ako kakaisip kung anong posibleng ginagawa sa'yo ni Steve!" He raked his fingers through his golden hair.

"Ano naman ang pwede niyang gawin? Steve's nice guy. I've known him since I joined the theatre club." 

"Stop defending that asshole! He date-raped Kelsie! He put something in Kelsie's drink and she woke up with him in bed! God knows what could've happened kung hindi kita naabutan. Damn! I get goosebumps just thinking about it." He shoulders shook as if he'd felt a cold draft. 

"Oh God! " I clasped my hand on my mouth. I still couldn't believe Steve could do something like that. He'd always been kind and caring not only to me but to everyone around him. "Baka naman nagkakamali ka lang. Nagkausap ba kayo? What did he say?"

"He kept denying it pero hindi ako naniniwala sa sinasabi niya. He's not going to take you to the clinic. He was going to take you outside. He was a few steps away from the exit when I found you!" He explained. "If you're not going to believe then fine. Bumalik ka na sa Steve na yun. Suit yourself, Anais."

"Coco, hindi ko naman sinasabing hindi ako naniniwala. It's just that I can't believe Steve could do that." I sighed.

"He did it to Kelsie and he would've done it to you kung hindi ko siya napigilan. God, Anais, do you know how much you scared me? You have no fucking idea, you brat!" The fear in his voice was evident. Ikinulong niya ang mukha ko sa mga palad niya. His eyes were glossy with unshedded tears.

Without thinking, I crashed my lips against his. I kissed him with reckless abandon, he kissed me back with so much passion. His lips trembled against mine something that I had never felt before. Maya-maya ay hinatak niya ako palapit sa katawan niya. He pulled away from the kiss and we just cuddled.

We had always been physical with each other. That was how we had always expressed our feelings. When we fight, we have sex. When we don't, we still have sex. When his angry or I'm angry, we still have sex. But this time I felt like we connected in a deeper level. It was purely emotional. The silence, the comfort, the stillness of everything. It felt so perfect. Like everything was right in its place, where it's supposed to be. It was unlike the pleasure when I was in act with him but so much better.