Chapter Forty Six - Final Chapter

ANAIS

I felt like the most beautiful woman today. I wore a beige wedding dress Mom wore on her wedding day. I just had it altered a little but it was still all in all in good condition. Mom and I cried a little when we were inside Lolo's house. Mentos, the white horse Lolo Jaime gave me was the one I rode to the venue. Mitsy, Mom's horse since she was a teenager was still alive but Mom wouldn't let anyone ride her because she was already old. She just takes her out for walks and plays with her but she doesn't allow anyone to ride her anymore. We used to ride her together when I was little. Horses surprisingly have very long lives, they can live up to thirty years. Mas matanda pa sa akin si Mitsy at alagang-alaga pa din siya ni Mommy. Growing up, nasanay akong parang pamilya ang trato sa favorite horse ni Mommy. She and Dad talks fondly of her like she was a sister who lives far away from us. 

Mentos stopped and I was guided down by a man dressed like a coachman. Pagkababa ko pa lang si Dad na agad ang sumalubong sa akin. He kept a straight face but I knew he was trying hard not to cry. His eyes were already red from holding his tears back in. 

"Daddy..." I threw my arms on him and I began to sob.

"My baby girl, my darling, you are so beautiful today." He whispered kissing the side of my head, his voice quivering with tears.

"Thanks, Daddy..." I swallowed back a sob, burrying my face into his chest. 

"Daddy will always be here for you. I want you to always, always, always remember that." He said as he hugged me. "Thank you, sweety, for molding me in to the person I am today. My morals, character, and anything decent about me, I owe to you and your siblings."

"Daddy..." I began to sob. 

"I love you, sweety." He said and pulled away. He wiped away the tears on my cheek with his thumbs. "We need to go. Your groom is waiting for you." 

Yumakap din sa akin si Mom. She hugged so tight I could hardly breathe. "My baby girl is going to be a wife now."

"Mom, we already cried in my room. Please, don't make me cry again." Bulong ko sa kanya. 

"Okay, okay..." She sniffled. "This feels like your first day of school when your Dad and I had to leave you on your own for the very first time." 

"It does feel like that." Dad agreed.

"Enough with the chit chat kanina pa naghihintay si Coco." Natatawang sabi ni Mom as tears filmed her eyes.

"One last hug as my unmarried baby girl." Dad opened held out his arms to me. I jumped on him, wrapping my arms around his torso. Dad pulled Mom into his arm with me and we all hugged each other. 

Inayos na nang coordinator ang position namin. The music started to play and the bridesmaids and groomsmen started to walk first. Then Arthur and Toffie started walking down the aisle. Each one of them held a pillow in their hands that had our rings. Our handsome Cookie was right beside his Dada, wearing the exact same tuxedo he was wearing. They looked so beautiful together. 

Mom and Dad walked me down the aisle. Mom kept stopping to wipe away her tears and Dad would remind her that they still had Bryce and Christoff. I knew Dad was trying hard not to let his emotions show. He was a very proud man. He didn't want any of the guest to see the soft side of him. Sa amin lang pinakikita ni Dad yun. I couldn't help but stop in the middle of the aisle to give Lolo Jaime, Grandpa Auggie, and Grandma Lottie a hug.

My head turned to Coco as he stood at the end of the aisle, patiently waiting for me. The look on his face almost made my heart stop. It was a look of pure awe, love, and amazement. He bent his head down and took out a handkerchief from his pocket to wipe his tears away. I was overwhelmed with the genuine love and pride he had in his eyes when he was looking at me. It was as if his eyes were telling me that I was his forever. I still couldn't believe that this was real. It was a long journey but it was worth it.