Chapter Twenty Four

COCO

I have a secret I never told  Anais. I started working at a nightclub about two weeks ago. Nagtatrabaho ako bilang macho dancer. Nah, I'm just kidding. I was working here as a waiter. Malapit na ang birthday ni Cookie. It would be his first birthday and I wanted to make sure it'd be perfect. Ayaw kong si Dad o si Mama ang sumagot ng birthday party at lalong ayaw ko si Tito Axel. Gusto kong balang araw maipagmalaki ko yun kay Cookie. Kahit sa simpleng bagay man lang, malaman niya na lahat ng ibinigay ko sa kanya pinaghirapan at pinagtrabahuan ko. I wanted him to know that I'd be willing to do everything for him. 

"Hey, handsome. Why don't you come here and sit with us?" The obviously tipsy woman patted the empty space next to her.

I flashed her a charming smile and proceeded to clearing up their empty glasses. "Sorry, ma'am. I'm afraid I can't do that. Marami pa akong kailangan gawin."

"How much?" She looked up at me with hooded eyes.

"I already gave you your bill." I said.

"No, that's not what I mean. I'll pay you to be with me tonight." She giggled. The women she was with laughed and teased her. She was a good looking woman, probably in early to mid twenties. She looked hot and bangable. I contemplated for awhile. I had never banged a chick other than Anais. In a sense, I was still a virgin to other women and I wasn't ready to change that. Not just yet.

"You're a pretty lady, ma'am. I'm sure someone would be willing to accompany you for free." One corner of my lips lifted into an amused smirk. I needed to act all charming and sweet for the tip. 

"Really? You think so?" She hiccuped.

I nodded my head. 

"I like him..." She laughed drunkenly as she spoke to her friends. She took out a paper bill, shoving on the side of my pants like I was some kind of a male stripper. Damn this girls! "Thank you. You deserve that. I'm going through a rough patch and you're the first guy who has ever made me feel pretty since my boyfriend broke up with me."

I nodded at her and thanked her for the tip before taking the tray full of empty glasses. Women are crazy when they're drunk. I went back to the kitchen and put the dirty glasses in the sink. Bumalik ako sa bar kung saan nakaupo sina Yvo at Tate. They weren't allowed in here but I was able to sneak them in. 

The nerd was sipping a fruit juice while Tate had a light beer. Yvo would belch at the smell of alcohol, he tried drinking but after a sip he ended up throwing up. 

"We need to go." Yvo fixed his glasses. 

"Already? Akala ko ba gusto niyong magparty. There's some hot chicks over there." I pointed at the table where I last went to. 

"It's almost twelve. Magagalit si Nanay kapag nalaman niyang lumabas ako." Yvo said.

"Pag umuwi ka ng alas-dose yung galit ni aunt Andi pang-alas tres pa rin kaya sagarin mo na." I reasoned. 

"Damn right." Tate agreed. "Minsan lang 'to."

"Want some more drinks?" I asked them.

"I'll have vodka and sprite." Tate tapped his fingers on the table. 

"Kanina pa kayo order ng order baka gusto niyo naman magbigay ng tip." I said as I pulled out a glass and poured Tate his liquor of choice. "Para din naman to sa inaanak niyo."

"Di mo naman kailangan magdrama. I'll tip you." Tate shook his head, smiling.

"Here's a tip, it's going to rain tomorrow. Bring an umbrella." Sabi ni Yvo bago tinungga ang juice.