Chapter 18: Confession Time

I stirred slightly finally conscious to the fact that I felt extremely uncomfortable. My eyes were still closed but I could hear the sound of birds repeatedly chirping to a point where it became annoying. It was my phone's alarm clock ringtone. 

My body shifted to relieve the numbness that had spread throughout the arm I had slept on. It was only when my back hit the hard floor did I realize I had slept on the floor the whole night. 

I could feel the tingling sensation of blood rushing back into my arm and my eyes shot open at the feel of cool metal in my hand.

I glanced at my hand to see the blood tinged two tine fork, a grim reminder of my revelation last night. Well not so much of a revelation since a part of me still didn't accept it. 

The fact that Zayn the vampire might be nothing but a blood tinged fork was something my mind just could not compute. His touch, his smile, his taunting words, his kiss. The feel of his lips on mine made my heart rate quicken. It all felt so real.

The birds continued chirping from the speakers of my phone. I sat up hastily and shut the damn thing off. It was only a matter of time before my parents called me down for an early breakfast before we went to church. 

Ignoring the fact that my arm was throbbing and my head was pounding with questions, I got up and took a long shower. I stood under the running water, a small part of me wishing each droplet would wash away my worries.

Did that mean I stabbed Derek? Did that mean I broke my room window? It all suddenly made sense, each piece fitting into the puzzle perfectly. But that also meant that I was downright insane, a fact that I just could not accept.

There had to be a reasonable explanation for everything. Zayn had to exist. He just had to.

Once I was done, I proceeded to dry up and then wore a simple knee length dress with sleeves that covered my vampire bite. Or stab wound. I just didn't know anymore.

I remained silent throughout breakfast and the car ride to church, occasionally engaging in idle chatter with my parents so that they wouldn't ask what was wrong with me. I was too trapped in my own head to even process their conversations.

We arrived at the Riverton Church and I could see the car park already full with cars. Most of the Rivertoners attended Sunday mass so I was pretty sure I was going to see a few familiar faces inside like I always did. 

As we walked in I spotted Jake's family sitting near the entrance. I gave him a small smile and then continued walking. I could feel his eyes on me the whole time. We passed Aurora's family and a few other people in my year before we finally sat down somewhere in the middle. I didn't miss the look of disgust she threw my way before I did. She probably thought I stabbed Derek. Maybe she was right for once.

Looking around I spotted Mikaela's golden head a few pews ahead of me and then I saw LB sitting far away. They usually sat side by side during Sunday mass with their families surrounding them but judging by their fight during the party they were probably going through a mini break up. A common occurrence for the two of them. Those two broke up and got back together as often as Aurora bullied.

My eyes wandered around the rest of the hall, taking in the off white walls and the colorful stained glass pictures of angels. Usually the sight of angels calmed me but today I found them slightly unsettling. It felt like they were staring at me. 

Even the cherubs that adorned the corners of the church seemed to be looking down on me with smirks on their faces. I could just imagine the thoughts running through their minds as they stared at me. 

Rosalie is crazy, Rosalie is crazy. The taunting melody of children singing filled my head and I had to shake my head to snap out of it. 

My mother looked at me oddly but I ignored her and looked in front. Pastor Collin started speaking and I tried my best to listen to what he had to say but eventually I zoned out. This time it had nothing to do with my mental state. It was just Pastor Collins voice.