Chapter 53: Surprise Surprise

Harry and I stepped into the lift and stood in silence. Neither of us spoke, both too preoccupied with the news we had not expected.

When it closed I looked at Harry cautiously. It was pretty obvious that he was fuming and without warning he slammed a fist against the moving elevator. I jumped in response as I felt the box we were in shake slightly. 

"It doesn't make any sense. Wouldn't there have been some news stating that she died? An obituary or an online article or something?" I couldn't seem to believe that Kareena was dead. It was too sudden.

Joseph had killed himself only a few days ago and he had sent that video to Harry's uncle on that same day. He had told him to look for Kareena. Nothing indicated that she was in danger. Jospeh never mentioned anything of that sort, it just didn't make any sense.

Harry just stared at me, his green eyes dark and unreadable. He walked out of the lift and I followed in tow. 

"Wouldn't you have found something online? I know I didn't when I looked her up yesterday," I pressed ignoring the fact that he had clearly ignored me.

"What happened is that we wasted our time coming here," Harry seethed and his pace quickened. "This whole thing was a waste of time. My father left us because he doesn't give a shit about my mum and I. He's not missing Rosalie, my mother never made a missing persons report."

I stopped walking and stared at him dumbfounded. That was one part of the story I wasn't aware of. 

Harry stopped walking too. He rubbed his eyes and I could see his face flush with disappointment. "And there's no vampire after you. There's no serial killer. Sally and Joseph killed themselves, plain and simple."

"No," I whispered trying my best to resist the common sense that seeped through his words. 

He simply shook his head and began walking to his car. 

"No. he's real. I know it!" I cried after him. 

"If he's so real why haven't I seen him, huh? Why hasn't anyone else seen this so called vampire of yours?" Harry turned around and shot me a glare. 

I was about to reply when I saw three guys step out from behind his mustang. My vocal cords froze and my eyes widened in fear as they crossed their arms over each other and looked at us. One of the guys eyed me hungrily and licked his lips.

Harry seemed to notice my reaction and he turned around to face them. 

"Shit," He mumbled under his breath and he stood in front of me defensively. "Don't move." He held me behind him tightly and I obeyed. I was too afraid to move anyway.

"Cute girl," The one in the middle said and he took a step forward. His head was shaved and he loomed over the rest of us with his towering height. "Car's a piece of crap. We looked at the engine, not even worth taking."

He was brazen enough to use the word taking instead of stealing. 

"Look we were just leaving," Harry said calmly but his free hand bunched into a fist by his side. 

"Nobody comes here and leaves without a price. Your cars not worth shit but I'm sure you didn't come here without some cash on you. Give us your wallet and we'll let you go," The guy ran his tongue over his teeth and smiled at us.

"Aww come on. Let's have some fun with them. He looks like he needs to blow of some steam and she looks likes she isn't getting enough," The guy who had been looking at me circled us and winked at me. "What do you say sweetheart? Why don't you come back to my place and I'll show you how a real man does it."