Chapter 21: Friend With Benefits

"I'm not going anywhere. You'll have to drag me away from here if you want to get rid of me," I said stubbornly.

"Rosalie," Harry warned again and his hands gripped the sides of my lunch tray.

My grip tightened around the tray as well and the both of us had a stare down, both equally determined and stubborn to get our way. Harry's green eyes were solely focused my hazel ones, his gaze unrelenting and hard and I knew for a fact that if looks could kill I would be dead by now.

Although that still seemed better than facing Aurora's wrath and Mel's betrayal so instead of retreating I stared back as fiercely as I could. It didn't seem to work because Harry's jaw clenched and then he pushed my tray to the side despite my efforts to stop him.

I was about to admit defeat when his gaze shifted from my face to somewhere behind me and then around us. He seemed to realize something, probably the infinite number of eyes on us and then he stopped protesting, instead he leaned in and whispered.

"Fine, you can sit here today but only today. I don't want to see you here tomorrow," He huffed.

"Okay, okay I won't," I held up my hands in surrender feeling utterly grateful that he finally backed down and then pulled my tray back. I quickly picked up my sandwich and took a huge bite.

Harry took a sip of his drink and then stared at me with a mixture of amusement and curiosity etched across his face. I immediately felt self conscious under his scrutiny and I couldn't help but notice there were a few people around us just openly staring. I attempted to swallow down the huge amount of food in my mouth but my throat suddenly went dry and it felt like I was choking. My eyes widened and a small cough escaped my throat.

"Can't you eat properly?" He complained and then pushed the small water bottle on my tray towards me.

Still unable to talk, I took it from him and sipped a bit of water to help me swallow. A few more heads turned our way and I looked around to see at least a dozen pairs of eyes trained on us. Mel's was one of them. Harry seemed to notice too because he looked at a few people nearby and scowled.

"What?" He asked in a tone that didn't require an answer. As if by magic everyone suddenly turned away and pretended to be busy doing something else.

I stared at him in awe. I would have never been able to do that.

"Thanks," I said and then proceeded to take another bite. Sitting with Harry definitely had it's benefits, even Aurora hasn't dared to say anything so far.

Harry stared at the pendant that hung around my neck and then looked back up at me.

"So.. so how did it go?" He asked trying to look as nonchalant as possible but the curiosity in his eyes betrayed him. "Did you see him? The..umm.. vampire I mean." He whispered the word vampire like it was a curse and he was afraid to say it.

"I haven't seen him," I admitted feeling slightly down about it.

"Why not?" he frowned and then he looked at the pendant again.

I unconsciously began playing with it. "I honestly don't know."

"Maybe he got bored of you," He shrugged and then he began to eat his own food. The words 'or maybe he never existed to begin with' never left his mouth but they hung in the air around us. I could tell from the way he'd immediately lost interest that he thought I had made it all up from the beginning.

"I didn't make it up Harry," I protested and he simply shrugged again. "He's real, I've seen him with my own eyes. He even bit Derek. I know everyone's saying I stabbed him but I didn't. It was Zayn!"