Chapter 45: Revelations

I was pacing my room aimlessly. My hair was a mess from the constant pulling and running my hands through the already knotted strands and yet I carried on pulling as if the mere action would be able to extract some answers out of my head.

But there were no answers only questions.

They buzzed around in my head like a swarm of bees and the noise kept on getting louder I was afraid my head was going to burst.

Who was the someone my mother was talking about?

How did she know?

Why was Zayn so weird today?

Why was this happening to me?

I sunk to the floor as a single tear of frustration rolled down my cheek. I was lost, desperate, afraid and so unbearably weak. It was somewhere along the time I was wallowing in my own misery that I fell asleep and when I woke up I saw that it was already eleven at night.

My stomach growled in hunger and I wistfully sat up holding my head in the process. It felt sore at the spot I had slept on and I rubbed it slowly but that made little to no difference.

I held the edges of my broken bed frame to get up and then walked into my bathroom. There was a girl staring at me in the mirror who looked exactly like me but she was so lost and helpless I couldn't recognize her.

I gripped the edges of the sink tightly as I stared at my reflection. I forced myself to look away and then I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I was definitely miserable but more than that I was hungry.

Once I was done I left my room and tiptoed down the hall. My mother would be in her room by now and my dad had slept in his office last night so I supposed he was there. I peaked past the stairs and saw that her room light was still switched on. Even's my dad's office was still lighted meaning they were still awake.

I was pretty sure this sleeping arrangement would be the same for a while until my mother had made a decision. Another thing I didn't want to think about.

Once I was in the kitchen I grabbed the fridge door and slowly opened it. I saw some leftover pasta from a few days ago which didn't look so appetizing but I took it out anyway and heated it up in the microwave. Once the timer went off I took it out and began stuffing everything into my mouth.

I was sitting here in the darkness as my eyes automatically wandered to my dad's office door. The slit at the bottom of the door showed that his yellow desk light was still running and when it wavered slightly I knew he was walking around inside. I wondered what he was doing and I suddenly felt the need to walk in there and confront him.

I needed to know why he was cheating on mum and why Daisy? And if...if he hated me for last night. My heart felt heavy at the thought. It was never my plan to expose him like that. I wanted to warn him first but alas Zayn had come in the way and ruined everything.

I heard a door swing open upstairs and I froze in place not knowing what to do. Footsteps echoed along the staircase and I sat in silence as I watched my mother's familiar silhouette approach the end of the stairs.

I expected her to walk into the kitchen and catch me sitting there but she didn't even look my way. Instead she walked in the other direction and stopped in front of my dad's office door. She held up her hand and to my utmost surprise, knocked on his door.

"I need a drink. Do you still have that ten year old scotch you used to keep here?"

I shot up in my seat when my father opened the door swiftly and looked at my mother with the same baffled expression on his face. I inched to the side, deeper into the shadows so that he would not see me.