Chapter 19: Holy Harry

I stumbled clumsily after Harry as I tried to keep up with his pace. It didn't help that his hand was wrapped firmly around my wrist, pulling and tugging when I fell behind. He led me through the side doors of the church to a large garden located behind the main hall.

I let him lead the way without protest. My body was still in a state of shock, my mind still trying to register the fact that Harry Styles had yanked me out of the confessional and was now dragging me out to God knows where.

We walked a good distance into the garden, finally stopping once we reached a huge tree that stood out in the middle of this vast area of greenery. With his hand still around my wrist he gestured for me to follow him around it's trunk.

Once we were on the other more secluded side he let go and then he began pacing on the spot with his hand running through his hair ever so often. I leaned against the bark of the tree and stared at him blankly.

The last time I was alone with a guy in a secluded area like this didn't end so well but I stayed in place wondering what Harry had to say. I had a gut feeling it was Harry who had listened to my confession and my curiosity glued me in place. How did he eavesdrop on me and more importantly why?

He suddenly stopped pacing and then looked at me. His expression disturbed and his piercing green eyes now narrowed on my face.

"Rosalie...," he trailed off looking confused and cautious at the same time.

"Was it you who heard my confession?" I blurted out.

His silence confirmed it and I felt my blood boil at his admission. "How could you!" I practically shouted. "That was for the pastors ears only. I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure it's a sin to listen in on others."

Harry just stared at me during my little outburst and to my dismay he suddenly looked amused.

"Well consider yourself lucky I sinned today," He said making me even more frustrated. In a split second his expression darkened and then he leaned forward looking very serious.

"What the hell were you thinking in there? If my uncle had heard your confession you would be in the nearest therapists office by now or a psychiatric ward. In your case I'm guessing a psychiatric ward."

I scowled at his words and then it hit me that he referred to Pastor Collins as his uncle. "Pastor Collins is your--"

"My uncle. Yes," he finished for me.

"Oh," I mumbled realizing that Harry probably knew the ins and outs of this church making it so easy for him to listen in on confessions. I wondered if that was his favorite past time here. It definitely wasn't a very nice one.

"And before you jump to conclusions, I have never pretended to be my uncle in the confessional before. Today was the exception," He said reading my mind.

"You mean I was the exception?" I muttered. "Why did you do it anyway?"

He sighed and looked up at the sky. Placing his hands in his pockets he rocked back and forth on his heels suddenly looking very frustrated.

"I hate puzzles I can't solve," He admitted looking back at me. Unsure of what he meant I remained silent and shot him a questioning look to which he responded.

"Well people are like puzzles to me. They're usually very easy to figure out and once I have, I know exactly how to deal with them. You on the other hand are the biggest fucking question mark I've ever seen. I mean you're like the epitome of enigmas. You've never talked to me once since middle school and then suddenly you hit me with a ball and then the whole schools talking about how much you like me? It doesn't make sense, none of it does," He exhaled after his rant.