Chapter 30: Rendezvous

I grabbed the dress from his hands and walked to my bathroom, all the while glaring at him. My cheeks were on fire and I could tell how happy he was for causing that reaction. I marched in and was about to slam the door shut when his hand landed on it, keeping it open.

"Five minutes Rosalie. It doesn't take long to change into a dress," He warned, no more mischief in his dark eyes.

"Why? Are you afraid I'll run away or something?" I asked him incredulously. There were no windows in my bathroom, just a small vent located near the ceiling. Surely he didn't think I would fit through that.

"Just don't try anything funny," He frowned and then he shut the door.

I exhaled loudly as I held the dress to my chest. What do I do now? What could I do? I looked around me and saw nothing I could use against him. My phone was somewhere in the room too, I had no time to grab it once he came in.

"Four minutes and forty five seconds." I heard him say from the other side.

I rolled my eyes and undressed myself. I guess I had no other choice. I put on the dress and stared at my reflection in the mirror. A small gasp escaped my lips when I saw what a perfect fit it was. I ran a hand through my knotted hair and for a brief moment wondered if I should wear a bit of make up. Maybe just a tad bit of eyeliner and some lipstick.

I frowned at myself as I came to my senses. What the hell was wrong with me? This wasn't a date. I was being blackmailed into going out with him so no make up was needed. I forced myself to scowl as hard as I could and then I swung open the door and stepped out.

Zayn was staring at a picture of Mel and I on my dressing table but as I walked out he looked my way and froze. His eyes held an emotion I couldn't quite decipher. It looked like he was in pain or something. I watched his hands clench and then he released them.

His jaw twitched and then in a split second his face softened and now he was staring at me like I was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. I remembered that look, I'd seen it on his face before, the night we met for the first time.

It was a look that I would never forget because no one had ever looked at me that way before. He had stared at me with such unparalleled intensity that his expression had burned itself a place in my memory. Now it remained a scar that I would never be able to get rid of.

I stood there awkwardly, the scowl completely wiped off my face. Feeling slightly tongue tied, I mentally prayed that he would stop looking at me like that. It was causing all kinds of unwanted reactions in my body and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

"Rosalie, you look...." For the first time Zayn was at a loss for words. "Better than I'd ever imagined. You're so beautiful, from the time I first saw you at the...." He quickly stopped himself making me suspicious. 

"From the time you saw me where?" I probed.

"The bar of course," He shrugged his shoulders and then he grabbed my hand and lead me to my room window.

I followed him as we sneaked out through my balcony which was pretty easy since it was on the ground floor. I was about to climb over the railing when I saw my phone lying on my bed.

"I forgot something," I stopped suddenly and tried to go back inside to take it. Maybe I would be able to sneak a text to Harry.

"You don't need your phone Rosalie," Zayn muttered as his grip on my wrist tightened and I was forced to follow him instead.

"How did you?" I wondered out loud.

"Your face is pretty easy to read. Doesn't take a psychic to know what you're thinking."