Chapter 3-Edited

Chapter 3

Elizabeth's POV

The next morning when I wake up, I go to the bathroom and take care of my morning routine. I look at my clock and see that it's 6 in the morning. Once I am finished, I move my dresser from in front of my door, and I unlock it before carefully making my way downstairs.

All along the stairs, I see people passed out, food, and beer cans and stains. I silently groan because I know that I'm going to have to clean all of this.

Once I get downstairs, I wish I had just stayed in bed. Couches and tables are overturned, and there's even more food, bodies, and stains on the floor. It must have been one heck of a party.

Too bad I wasn't invited.

I grab some trash bags from the kitchen, and I start picking up the cans of the various alcoholic drinks. This is one of the rare times when I'm happy about having to clean up. With the amount of bottles and cans that I pick up, I'm able to return them, and then I can have some money so I can buy some of the things I need. Jake isn't allowed to buy me things either. He manages to sneak a few things here and there, but for the most part, he has no power.

After I store the cans away in my hiding spot, I go around the house waking people up. This is my least favorite part. People will call me names, and if I had a dollar for every glare I got at the end of each party, I'd probably be a millionaire.

Once everyone is up from the floor, I start vacuuming and cleaning up the food and the various stains from god knows what.

I'm finally finished with the house and I feel completely exhausted. Every bone in my body aches and I wish I could go take a hot bath. Unfortunately, the shower in my room only has cold water, and the water only runs for about 5 minutes.

I glance at the clock on the wall and see that it's 3 in the afternoon. It's time for me to start making snacks for everyone.

Once I enter the kitchen, all the conversations stop, and people turn away from me, but not before giving me a look of disgust. Apparently, I'm not even good enough to be an omega. Basically, I'm no better than dirt. I'm just someone who can't be kicked out of the pack because they need me to do work.

I let out a sigh before I take out the ingredients for brownies and cookies. I also make sure to have a few pots of coffee ready for when the teenagers come down. Even though werewolves can't get drunk, we can still get headaches especially if we drink as much as they did at the party.

I hum to myself as I work. Music has always soothed me, and it has always helped me get through a lot of difficult times where I just wanted to give up.

Once I'm done baking, I start heading up to my room when I hear the Zack and his father talking in the study.

"I finally got alpha Ryder to agree to come here!" Alpha Daniel exclaims. I don't know why, but once he says Ryder's name, I get chills and my wolf starts acting weird.

"I'm sure once he sees how good I am at running this pack, he will form an alliance with us." Zack responds, and I can just imagine the arrogant smirk on his face. I don't think that will be the case though because Zack has no clue what he's doing. That's actually why he had to leave for all those years. He had to go to another pack to train how to be an alpha since he almost destroyed our pack the first time Alpha Daniel gave him control.

"I'm sure he will, son. Don't mess this up, this is our one, and only, chance to show the world what we are capable of."

I quickly leave before they realize that I was listening to them. They got alpha Ryder to come here? Wow, I wonder how much convincing that took, but I'm not surprised. Alpha Daniels is obsessed with power, and so is Zack.

I can feel my wolf pacing in my head, and she seems really bothered by something.

"Belle, are you ok?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Can we go for a run soon?"

"Sure," I say before I change into something more comfortable. After that, I open my window, and I reach out to the tree that's right near my window. Once I make it to the ground, I quickly make sure no one is looking before I sprint into the forest.

Technically, I'm not allowed to go for runs, but it's fine as long as I don't get caught.

Once I'm far enough, I quickly shift into my wolf. My wolf is a very light cream color with small patches of light brown near my paws.

I start running around as fast as I can, dodging fallen tree branches and rocks. Once I get to the spot I'm looking for, I relax. In front of me is a beautiful clearing with a waterfall. I'm the only one who knows about this place, and I want to keep it that way. That's one of the reasons why whenever I go for a run, I hide my scent.

I go over to the waterfall and stand underneath it, happy to be clean after my run. My wolf howls happily in my head.

After a while I go and lay down on the grass. Soon I'm asleep.

*

*

*

*

*

*

When I wake up, I see that the sky is completely black which means it's about midnight. I start panicking when I remember that I didn't make dinner for the pack. I can already feel the beating I'm going to get when I get back to the pack house.

I quickly run back to the house and I shift back before I climb up the tree, and then to my opened window.

As I'm about to let out a sigh of relief, I turn around and see an angry Zack glaring at me.

Crap. I'm a dead wolf.

"Where were you?"

"Um," I say trying to think of an excuse, "I walked into town to get some more food, but I got lost so I never made it to the stores." By the look on his face, I know he doesn't believe me, and I also know that I'm about to get a beating.

"You have 5 minutes to tell me where you really were and why you came back so late."

"Why does it matter to you?" I say before thinking.

He clenches his jaw and his eyes are starting to turn darker.

"Just tell me where you went," he says through clenched teeth.

"It doesn't really mat-" I start before I'm cut off

"YOU WERE WITH A GUY WEREN'T YOU? YOU LITTLE SLUT!" he screams before punching me in the face. I fall to the ground, holding my cheek. I was able to move out of the way so it wasn't a direct hit, but I can feel the left side of my face start to swell.

"I wasn't with a guy! I was trying to go to the mall!" I repeat frantically, while trying to move away from him.

"SHUT UP! I SHOULD HAVE KILLED YOU WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE!" he yells before he goes to start hitting me again. My wolf whimpers in my head as she tries to comfort me. I curl up into a ball and wait for my death with my eyes closed. I've never been afraid of death, but now that it's staring me right in the face I couldn't be more terrified.

I continue to wait for his next hit, but nothing happens. I count to ten in my head before I slowly open my eyes. I see Jake holding back a furious looking Zack and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Alpha Zack, please stop." my brother says as he moves himself between Zack and me to protect me even further.

"WHY SHOULD I? YOUR LITTLE SLUT OF A SISTER THINKS SHE CAN GO AND SLEEP AROUND WITH OTHER MEN!" I can hear Jake answering Zack, but I can't understand any of the words he is saying. They all mesh together until all I can hear is an annoying buzzing ringing in my ears.

My eyes start closing on their own accord and my body starts to feel really heavy. I guess that punch did more damage than I thought it did.

I struggle to stay awake for a few minutes before I realize that it's pointless, and I submit to the darkness.