Chapter 4-Edited

Chapter 4

 Ryder's POV

I don't know why, but as the week has been going by, my wolf has been getting more and more restless. I feel like I have had to let my wolf out at least 3 times a day just so he can remain relatively calm.

It's finally Wednesday, and a few of my pack members and I are getting ready to leave. We load all of our luggage into the cars before they say bye to the family members that have come to see us off.

I stand stiffly off to the side since I don't have any family members. My betas wife, and mate, sees this, and she immediately pulls me into their family hug.

"Thank you, Emily. I really need that," I admit. Ever since Brian, my beta, has met Emily, she has always tried to make sure that I was never excluded from family matters. Obviously I think of my entire pack as my family, but, my betas have a special place in my messed up heart.

"Don't even mention it." she says to me with a warm smile. I give her a small smile in return before I start heading towards the van that I'm going to be in.

"Now y'all better be on your best behaviors for uncle Chris while we're gone. Are we clear?" she asks her 2 children.

"Of course mom!" the twins, Ashley and Ana say together.

I chuckle before telling everyone to head to their cars so we can get on the road. My third in command, Chris, will be watching the pack while Brian and I are gone.

I really hope this trip isn't a waste of my time. I've heard about the leadership at Crescent Falls, and I don't believe for one second that they will be able to get me to agree to an alliance with them.

I also hope that I will be able to figure out why my wolf has been so crazy recently.

Elizabeth's POV

I wake up to an annoying beeping sound. What the heck? Slowly, I open my eyes, and I'm blinded by the bright lights. I groan and I try to move my hands in front of my face to protect my eyes.

"Liz! You're awake!" I look over and see my brother looking at me with wide eyes.

"W-water." Wow, is that really my voice? I sound like a 90 year old male who has had way too many cigarettes. I start coughing violently, trying to clear my throat.

My brother puts a cup of water near my mouth, and I greedily drink it down.

"Thank you," I say, suddenly feeling drained.

"Do you need anything else? Are you really ok? I-I thought that I had lost you..." my brother says, trailing off at the end with a look of vulnerability that I have never seen on his face.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't get there fast enough. I shou-"

"Jake, this isn't your fault. You've done everything that you can to make sure that I'm still alive. Thank you for that."

"I know, but if I ju-"

"Shh, calm down, you're giving me a headache. I'm fine, honestly," I say before giving him a weak smile

Jake gives me a small smile before he sits down on the chair next to the bed.

"By the way, where am I?"

"You're in the guest room of my house. I brought you here as soon as you passed out, and I got a doctor to examine you." The pack doctors aren't allowed to treat me for my injuries, so Jake probably got me a human doctor.

"How bad was it this time?" he just shakes his head and gives me a sad smile.

"How did you know I needed you?"

"Well, I was coming to bring you some food, and some new clothes, but then I heard screaming, so I quickly rushed upstairs." I'm quiet for a while as I try to clear my semi-fuzzy brain.

"How long have I been out?" I ask quietly

"Well you passed out early Monday morning, and today is Thursday, so you've been out about 4 days."

"Why do you think he was so mad?"

"I think he's one of those people who has to have control over everything. He's like a little kid with his toys. Even though he might not want one of his 'toys' anymore, that doesn't mean that he wants anyone else to take interest in it."

"So you think that even though he rejected me, he's still gonna be possessive of me?"

"Basically. All males are possessive over their mates, no matter what."

"I wish he would just leave me alone," I mumble before I let out a huge yawn. Jake chuckles a little before telling me to get some rest.

"I love you Jakey," I say as my eyes start closing on their own accord.

"I love you too, Liz," he says before kissing my forehead and leaving the room. I yawn once more before I feel my eyes close and I let the darkness take over.

*

*

*

*

*

*

I wake up to someone shaking my arm. Groaning, I turn away from them and pull the sheet over my head. I hear a familiar chuckle before the sheet is ripped away from me, and I start shivering because of the cool air.

"C'mon Liz, it's time to get up," Jake says to me.

"Do I really have to go?" I ask, giving him my puppy dog eyes. He gives me a sad smile before nodding his head.

"I was ordered this morning to send you back to the pack house. You know I would let you stay here if I could."

"I know," I sigh before rolling out of bed.

"I have some clothes set out for you after you shower"

"Thanks Jake," I say as I walk up to him and hug him, "you're the best brother ever. I love you."

He kisses me on the forehead before saying, "I love you too little sis. If you ever need me, you can mindlink me, or call me."

Once he leaves, I go to the bathroom and I take off the shirt Jake must have changed me into while I was unconscious. I see my reflection, and I instantly frown. I'm way too skinny, and I have too many scars from the abuse I've gotten.

No one could ever love me.

Annabel growls at me for thinking that.

"Don't say that, Lizzy. You are beautiful, and anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend. You're kind, smart, talented, and you are perfect just the way you are. Never think that there is something wrong with you. I love you." Is it sad that the only times I've heard those words are from Jake and Annabel?

Through my tears, I manage a small wobbly smile.

"Thank you Belle. I'm so glad that you are my wolf. I love you too."

*

*

*

*

*

*

As I start heading back to the pack house, Annabel starts pacing around in my head. She seems very nervous for some reason.

As I get closer, I faintly hear someone mention Alpha Ryder, and then I realize that today is Friday, and he said he was arriving on Thursday, so he must be here already.

As I get closer to the pack house, I can't help but feel anxious. Alpha Ryder is basically a living legend in the werewolf world. He is also very famous in the human world because he owns a lot of industries. Alpha Ryder is rumored to be even stronger than the alpha king, and he is only 21. I've heard stories about how ruthless he is during battle. For everyone's sake, I hope Zack doesn't make him mad. I also hope that there are no troubles with the members of the Blood Fall pack.

My pack might think they are all high and mighty, but we would lose, very badly, if anyone tried to start a fight.

I take a deep breath before I enter the pack house.