Chapter 20-Edited

Chapter 20

Elizabeth's POV

It's been a few days since the meeting, and we're putting our plan into effect today. I'm really nervous right now, and I have no clue why. I just want everything to be perfect, but I know that there is a high chance that that won't happen. I'm just glad that I don't have a major role in the plan because I would probably mess it up. I've never been good at lying or concealing my emotions.

Jake called his parents today and asked them how they were doing and he told them about how he met his mate. He even had a nice long chat with them about the plans for the war. They were obviously excited for it, and they didn't suspect or question a thing.

They were gushing about Zack's plans, but they didn't give us any concrete information. Jake's dad is a general, and he's helping Zack with some plans and he's also helping train the pack. Now we can get very useful information and we can always be one step ahead.

I'm so thankful for everyone in this pack because they have all been so supportive, and they've done all they can to protect me. I'm glad that this pack isn't too big, because everyone gets to know each other, and we're all family. I've only been here for a short amount of time, but it feels like I've been here forever.

Right now, everyone is sort of relaxing and laying around. These past few days have been really intense, so I'm glad that we can finally relax a little bit.

My parents and I have also gotten closer. They've told me of some of the exciting things they have done and the different places they've been to. They've traveled a lot, and they're friends with a lot of different foreign packs, so that might be useful during the war.

"So Elizabeth, tell us what you like to do in your free time," my mom asks. My mom and dad are sitting on the couch across from me, and my dad has his arm around my mom's shoulder.

"Um well I like to read and paint, and I can play the piano and the guitar. We had a music room in my old pack and so I would watch as some of the pack kids played their instruments. After a while I decided to try it for myself. I loved it so I continued to play and I taught myself," I say with a shy smile.

"I didn't know that you knew how to play the piano or the guitar, Elizabeth. Why didn't you tell me? I would've gotten one of the pack members to get them for you," Ryder says while slipping onto the couch next to me and wrapping his arms around me. I snuggle into his chest and I feel my lips tugging up into a huge grin. I look back at my parents and see them beaming at Ryder and me. I blush slightly and hide my face in Ryder's chest.

"It just never came up," I mumble into his chest.

"We can go into town later this week and buy you anything you want."

"You don't have to do that," I say quietly. He just rolls his eyes and pulls me onto his lap. His eyes show just how much he cares for me, and how much he wants to give me anything I want. My parents stand up with knowing smiles on their faces.

"We'll just leave you two alone," my mom says with a smirk and a wink before they leave the room. My jaw drops and I stare at the doorway that they just walked out of.

Ryder just laughs and turns me around and starts planting small kisses on my face. I quickly forget about my parents and melt into Ryder's embrace. His chest rumbles with a low growl, and he pulls me even closer. He trails kisses from the top of my head down to my neck, and then back up. He starts making his way towards my lips, and my mark starts throbbing uncomfortably.

Just as our lips are about to touch, Ryder pulls back suddenly with a look of rage on his face.

"Ryder? Is everything ok?"