Chapter 32-Edited

Chapter 32

Elizabeth's POV

"Well are you going to tell me, or are you just going to stare at me?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. Carter gives me a sheepish smile before shrugging his shoulders.

"Sorry, I thought you would forget if I didn't say anything for a few minutes." I give him an incredulous look which makes him laugh. It's so weird hearing him laugh because he's usually so serious. In fact, this is probably the third time I've heard him laugh.

"You should've seen your face!" He manages to say in between laughs. I glare at him before tapping my foot on the ground.

"Ok, stop stalling! I want to know already!" I pout slightly which makes him laugh harder. I'm glad he finds this so amusing.

After a few minutes, he sobers up and I take in a deep breath. This is it, the moment of truth. I don't know if I'm ready for it.

"We need to figure out what powers you have, and then you need to figure out how to use them." Seriously? That's it? I already knew that!

"Well, yeah, I thought that was the plan. That's why we've been training and stuff," I say like it's the most obvious thing in the world. He looks taken back by my response before a tiny smirk makes its way onto his face. What's he smirking at?

"Wow, you've changed a lot over these last few hours." My face scrunches up in confusion.

"What's that supposed to mean? I'm still the same person that I was a little while ago. I haven't changed at all."

"I didn't mean it in a bad way, in fact, it's very good. You're a lot more confident now that you are one with your vampire. You're not as timid and shy and now you're actually speaking your mind." I think about what he said, and I realize that he's right. I have changed, but it's clearly for the better.

I don't feel so hesitant and afraid anymore. I feel confident in myself. I smile to myself as a surge of happiness goes through me. I've been waiting all my life for this moment, and now that it's here, it seems too good to be true.

"Yeah, you're right, I have changed a little. Now please tell me what's going on," I demand slightly. The look on his face earlier was that of pure horror, and I know that it has to be bad if he was scared. Ever since the first time I saw him, he was always emotionless, and it looked like nothing fazed him. If he's worried about something, then I know it's a big deal.

"One of my other abilities is that I can see glimpses of the future. I just get a brief view of the scene, but it's enough for me to know the situation and what I need to do to help." My eyebrows raise at this confession.

"Is that why you're here helping me? You knew that I was going to get kidnapped?" He nods his head.

"Yes, I did. I've known that was going to happen for years."

"What do you mean?"

"Sometimes, I see a few minutes into the future, but other times, I can see years into the future. I was only 6 when I had the vision of you being taken. You weren't even born yet. That was the first glimpse of the future that I had ever seen. Ever since that moment, I've devoted myself to doing my best to help others when I see the visions."

"Do you know the specific day or time of when the events are going to happen?"

"No, I don't get that much information unfortunately."

"So does the future change if you end up helping that person?"

"It all depends on the situation. Sometimes I'm not able to help the person in a way that would change their future. For the most part though, something is always changed. That's not always a good thing though." I nod my head in understanding.