Chapter 6-Edited

Chapter 6

Elizabeth's POV

As soon as he said mine, I realized a few things. One, this is really embarrassing, I mean, I'm inside a supply closet and holding onto a broom for dear life. Two, how is it possible for me to have another mate? Three, he's really hot and smells really good. And lastly, how is Alpha Ryder, the strongest wolf out there, my mate?

"MINE? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?" Zack says. Oh, this is not going to go well. I also notice that the pack house is eerily silent, so that means that everyone is listening. I try to shrink further into the room, but I just end up knocking over a mop and some spray cleaners.

Kill me now.

"She is my mate," Ryder says with what sounds like awe. That's probably not the case though since I'm nothing special.

"She can't be your mate," Chelsea snorts, "she's already Zack's mate."

Ryder starts shaking and growling.

"Mine!" he says before he grabs my arm and pulls me towards him.

As soon as our skin makes contact, butterflies erupt in my stomach, and my arm starts tingling. I noticed a few things about Ryder at that moment. First, I notice his amazing blue eyes. These are eyes that I could stare into forever, I would never get bored. I also notice how perfect his face is; there are no blemishes.

His lips are nice and full and the perfect shade of pink. His nose is slightly crooked, showing that it's been broken in the past, but it honestly just makes him look more attractive.

I notice that he has huge muscles, so he probably works out a lot. Also, his hands are rough, but gentle.

He also has a tight white shirt on that really highlights his abs. Annabel, who is usually very shy and conservative, starts filling my mind with some very dirty images. I can feel my face growing warm, so I hide my face on his side and his reaction is almost immediate, almost like a reflex. He pulls me closer to him, and my face is pressed against his nice, strong abdomen.

Wow, he is literally perfect.

I try to focus on the events that are happening right now, but it's hard when I'm pressed against this gorgeous man.

Zack snaps out of his daze, and he glares at Ryder and I.

"Chelsea's right, she is my mate." a crowd of people from both packs starts to form around the 4 of us, and I shift awkwardly from the negative attention we are getting.

"She is not your mate, she is mine!" Ryder growls, and by the look on his face, his wolf is about to take control. He moves me behind him and stands in front of me in a protective manner.

"Lizzy, you need to calm him down," Annabel says to me. Me? How am I supposed to do that?

"Um, Ryder?" I say, my voice barely above a whisper. I immediately want to smack myself for sounding so weak, but it seems I have his attention.

"Yes princess?" he says softly and with kind eyes.

"Can we talk about this later, and in private? Everyone is staring at us." I mumble as I look around us.

"Of course we can," he says with a small smile. He grabs my hand and I immediately blush which causes him to chuckle. We're about to walk away, when Zack starts yelling.

"No! Let's talk about this now! I don't want you to get your hopes up, Ryder, Elizabeth is not worthy to be anyones mate, especially one to the most powerful alpha in the world." Zack says, his eyes full of hate.