Chapter 30-Edited

Chapter 30

Elizabeth's POV

When I open my eyes, I notice that I'm in the middle of what looks like a field of flowers. I frown slightly while looking around. Where am I? How did I get here? I look for signs of anyone else, but I don't see anyone.

"Hello?" My voice carries through the field, but I'm met with silence.

"Is anyone there? Hello?" My frown deepens as I start walking in a random direction. Maybe someone's here, but they can't hear me.

As I walk, I take time to admire the flowers. I see different assortments of flowers and I can't help but smile. All the smells blend together to make a magnificent scent. I inhale deeply and feel myself relax slightly.

The more time that I spend here, the more I relax. It's so calm and peaceful here. Maybe I could just stay here forever.

I quickly shake that thought out of my head. People are waiting for me. I need to get out of here, and then I need to think of a way to escape Zack and Patrick. I'm not sure which one will be harder to accomplish, but I have to try.

I don't know how long I've been walking, but I'm starting to get really tired. I'm also really hungry. I really need to find a way out of here.

"Hello? Can anyone hear me?"

"I can hear you." I let out a happy shriek before starting to turn to face the person who answered me.

"Finally! Someone else is here! You could've responded earlier, but I guess better late than never. Anyways, I need a way out of-" When I finally face the woman, my jaw drops and I just stare.

"Moon Goddess! What are you doing here? I'm sorry for my snappy attitude before, I didn't mean it!" My voice becomes frantic at the end and she lets out a chuckle.

"It's alright, child, I understand."

"So um, what am I doing here? What is this place?"

"This is where I 'live.' You're here because I need to talk to you," she answers with a simple shrug. I'm sure my jaw is hanging on the ground at this point but I'm too shocked to even care. When I finally regain control over my actions, I clear my throat before standing a little taller. I don't want to look weak in front of her.

"You need to talk to me? May I ask why?"

"Of course you can ask why! This is something that is about you, so of course you can ask." The friendly smile on her face eases some of my nerves and I let out a steadying breath.

"Alright, so what's up?" I wonder out loud with an awkward smile.

"I want to talk to you about everything that's happened." She states with a concerned frown on her face.

"Oh, right." My heartbeat increases, but I try to stay calm.

"What's troubling you, child? What's the main thing that you're worried about?"

"I'm worried about basically everything that's been going on. I don't know if I'm strong enough to face this situation," I mummer quietly feeling embarrassed to be admitting this.

"Why do you feel that way?"

"I don't know what to do. I'm not strong enough to be able to take on Patrick and Zack at the same time."

"Child, you have great powers," she says with a chuckle. I let out a snort and roll my eyes.

"With all due respect, are you sure you know who you're talking to? If I have great powers, then I wouldn't be in this situation." She shakes her head slightly with an amused smile. Well I'm glad she thinks this is funny.