Chapter 9-Edited

Chapter 9

Zack's POV

I can't believe that little brat thinks Alpha Ryder is her mate. He is the most powerful alpha in the world, and he's basically a living legend. She's weak and pathetic. There's no way that they're mates. The moon goddess wouldn't do something that horrible to Ryder, even though she did it to me. I'm sure she's already realized the mistake she made in giving Elizabeth one mate, so she definitely wouldn't give Elizabeth another mate.

I refuse to share her with anyone else. She is mine and no one will take her away from me. Now that she is of age, she will become my Luna. I don't care who I have to fight to get her.

When I found out that we were mates, I panicked. I wasn't ready for a mate, I still had so much I wanted to do. I mean yeah, I could've done some of the stuff with her, but other stuff? Absolutely not.

She's probably one of those girls where it will take forever before they agree to sleep with you and she was way too young back then. I may be a jerk, but I'm not a rapist. I am, however, a guy and I still had needs to take care of.

Besides, there are a lot of females that wouldn't take too much convincing. Girls like Chelsea.

The only downside with Chelsea is that she is so annoying and she wears too much makeup. She thinks I'm going to mark her so she can become Luna, but she is so wrong. She wasn't born to be a Luna, and even if she was, she would suck at it.

All she cares about is her looks and how popular she is. I don't even think she could do simple math equations.

My pack needs someone like Elizabeth to be the Luna. She was born for this role, and she's kept the pack together for all these years.

She's basically the only reason why this pack hasn't fallen apart, not that I would ever admit that to anyone.

Ever since my mom died, this pack has gone downhill. The reason why everyone hates Elizabeth is because they think that it was her fault that their beloved Luna died.

It actually wasn't anyone's fault. Rogues were able to get past our borders without being caught, and they killed my mom before anyone could go and help her.

People blame Elizabeth because my mom was babysitting her. At the time, Elizabeth was only a few months old, so obviously there wasn't anything she could do, but that didn't stop anyone from blaming her.

Even her parents turned away from her. The only person who has been there for her is her older brother, Jake.

I grew up hating her because of what some pack members said about her. It wasn't until recently when I did the math and I realized that she was still a baby, and that she wasn't what led the rouges here.

My father made up some story about the rogues being after Elizabeth, but then my mom jumped in the way. I don't know why so many people believed his lie, because why would rogues be after a baby? That doesn't even make any sense.

The group of rouges that killed my mother were going around from pack to pack killing all the Lunas that they could so they could try to take over all of the packs in the area.

Anyways, I knew that if I had accepted Elizabeth as my mate, everyone in the pack would have turned against me. I had to do what I did to protect myself.

She was only 13 when I found out that we were mates. I was 18 at the time, and it would've been too much work to try and be with her. I was doing everybody a favor when I rejected her. I still can't believe that she thinks she has another mate.

The idea itself is laughable. You can only have one mate, and so she's stuck with me for the rest of her life.

Unfortunately, that also means that I'm stuck with her. I don't want to be with her, but I know that it's the best option for the pack. I'll just have to keep some girls on the side so I can still be kind of happy.

Look at me putting the pack's needs before my own. I'm an amazing alpha.

Alphas are at their strongest when they mate with their true mate. With her by my side, I know that I can be the strongest alpha in the world, and take over alpha Ryder's pack.

That's the only reason that she is alive right now. She would've been dead a long time ago if I had a say in things.

I'm glad I didn't kill her though because I now have a way to take down Alpha Ryder and his pack.

He won't even know what hit him.

*

*

*

*

*

*

I'm doing pack work when I hear my door being knocked on. A few seconds later, my dad walks through the door.

Honestly, I'm embarrassed to call him my dad. He is so weak, and he does not know how to run a pack. This is why no one takes this pack seriously.

"Yes father?"

"I just wanted to remind you that you're supposed to be making friends with Alpha Ryder, not enemies." I roll my eyes.

"Well that wouldn't be a problem if that little brat didn't put some spell on him to make him think that they're mates."

"What if they are actually mates?" I roll my eyes again. See what I mean about him being stupid?

"You know that's impossible," I say, making sure to speak slowly so he understands.

"What's going to happen when she leaves with Alpha Ryder?" I growl at him.

"She is not going anywhere!"

"I thought you didn't want her as a mate?"

"I don't want her as a mate."

"Then why can't she leave? I thought you said she was holding us back?" I can't believe that I have put up with his stupidity for so long. It's a wonder that I'm not insane.

"Is there another reason why you're in here? You're wasting my time." My dad tries to growl at me, but I just give him an unimpressed look.

People think that I had to go train how to be a better alpha, but honestly, I just wanted to get away from the people in this pack so I purposely messed up. They are so annoying, and they whine all the time.

Also, too many girls think they are going to be Luna since I've slept with them.

Every time I hear that, I want to rip my hair out. Why would I want them to be my mate? It was a one time thing, they need to get over it.

"Just make sure you don't screw this up, Zack, we need this alliance."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. You can leave now." My dad glares at me before leaving.

Oh well, at least he's gone.

A few minutes later, I feel a little hungry, so I decide to go and get some food.

Once I get downstairs, I see Chelsea flirting with my beta. She's such a slut. I feel bad for whoever her mate is.

As soon as she sees me, she struts over to me with a slight smirk on her face.

"Hey Zack," she purrs in a voice that she thinks is seductive. Honestly, I'm just not in the mood.

"Not now, Chelsea." She immediately starts pouting. Great, this is just what I need.

"But Zack," she says as she juts out her bottom lip, "you look so tense, I could help you out and give you some company. You know I'm good company," she starts batting her fake eyelashes up at me and I cringe.

"Go away," I say getting annoyed, "I came down here to get some food, not to be sexually harassed."

She pouts some more for a few minutes, but once she realizes I'm not paying attention to her, she huffs before she goes to find her next prey.

Poor guy.

Oh well. I need to focus all my energy on making sure that Elizabeth and Ryder don't leave. I have to keep them here for as long as possible and I also have to figure out how to get Elizabeth to mate with me so I can be at my best.

Once everything is done, I will be the head Alpha, and people will look up to me.