Chapter 23-Edited

Chapter 23

Elizabeth's POV

"Alpha, the rogues wish to speak with you. They said that they have something very important to tell you about the mystery person." Ryder and I quickly follow them downstairs to the cells. Once we get down there, the rogues bow slightly before one of them steps forward. It's the one that was sleeping when Ryder and I first came down here.

"Alpha, I had a dream last night. The Moon Goddess told me to warn you. Trust those that are close to you. Those that you have known for years. Trust your judgment on people, but keep an eye on everyone. This person may be closer than you think. Watch over your mate and don't let her out of your sight." The rogue suddenly looks tired after he told us of his dream. I also noticed how his eyes almost looked like a reddish color.

"Is there anything else?" Ryder questions after a few moments of silence. I can see that he is deep in thought about everything that the rogue told us.

"You will find help in an unlikely person. Keep your mind and eyes open." An unlikely person? What does that mean? Who is he talking about? Do I know this person? Does Ryder know this person? I have so many questions, but I only have a few answers.

Ryder takes my hand in his and leads me out of the room after thanking the rogues. My mind goes on overdrive as we leave the cellars.

"Are you ok?"

"I don't know," I respond while frowning. Ryder pulls me closer to him, but he doesn't say anything. I can tell that he is lost in his thoughts too.

*

*

*

Another package from P came today. This time there were pictures of Ryder and I together doing various activities.

Again, we were unaware that these pictures were being taken, and that's what frightens me the most. How was this person able to take those pictures?

There was a message on the back of these pictures too.

Time is running out. I can't wait till we meet again. I wonder if your mate is as powerful as the rumors say he is.

I have a bad feeling that this P person is someone from this pack. I feel horrible for thinking that, but there's no way that anyone would be able to do this.

The rogues that are in the cellars were caught within seconds of them trying to get onto the pack lands. Our scouts are way too good for anyone to be able to get by them, even if the person was hiding their scent. One of the scouts, I think his name is Max, can sense any unknown presences that stumble near the pack.

The only logical thing would be if the person was already in this pack. That's highly unlikely though since all the pack members are devoted to Ryder, and they are all trustworthy. Nothing is adding up and it's making me even more confused.

Jake called his parents today and they gave us some good news. Zack has to push the war back for a little while since he doesn't have any help and because his pack is almost in debt.

That doesn't surprise me though since everyone would always use the money to buy flashy things that weren't used for anything. They were bought to show the "wealth" of the pack, but that's obviously gone downhill.

"Alright, what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?" My dad asks softly as he comes to sit next to me. I try to give him a reassuring smile, but I know that he sees through it.

"I'm just really tired."

"Your mom uses that line all the time so you're going to have to think of a better excuse."