Chapter 8-Edited

Chapter 8

Elizabeth's POV

When I wake up in the morning, I feel a strong arm wrapped around my waist and my skin is tingling. I almost freak out until I realize that it's just my mate. It's weird calling Alpha Ryder that, but I'm sure I'll be able to adjust to the idea of having another mate.

I turn around and see that Ryder is still sleeping. He looks so cute and peaceful as he sleeps. When he's awake he always looks so tense and serious, so it's nice to know that he's not always like that.

I'm suddenly overwhelmed by an urge to pee. I try to get out of bed, but Ryder just pulls me closer to him and rolls over. Now, I'm basically underneath him, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get his hands to loosen.

I start pushing against his chest, but he still doesn't budge. Ok, I really need to use the bathroom before I pee on myself. How embarrassing would that be?

"What are you doing, angel?" Ryder says in his husky morning voice. Ok, that was really hot, and I'd be lying if I say that I didn't swoon a little.

"Princess?"

"Um I have to go to the bathroom, but you won't let me go." He's quiet for a few seconds before slowly letting me go.

"You have 5 minutes to use the bathroom. If you're not out by then, I'm coming in," he says with a voice that leaves no room for arguments. I nod quickly before jumping out of bed and running to the bathroom.

*

*

*

After Ryder and I got ready for the day, we walked down the stairs. Once we make it to the kitchen, all of his pack members stop talking, and they stare at us. This happens for a few seconds before I'm pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

The girl that's hugging me is about the same height as me. She has pretty red hair, and her eyes are a gorgeous green. They almost look like mine, but her's are a little lighter..

She squeezes me a little tighter before she lets go. For someone who is so small, she sure is strong.

"Luna! It's so nice to finally meet you! I'm Emily! I'm so glad Ryder finally found you!" she says with a huge smile on her face. Her smile is so cute and contagious, and I can't help but give her a smile that's as big as hers. I'm smiling so much, you can even see my dimples.

One by one, pack members come and introduce themselves to me. I learned that the man who defended me yesterday was in fact Ryder's beta, and that Emily is his mate.

Once the introductions are done, we all sit down and eat breakfast together. I don't say much because I'm not used to being around so many people. If it weren't for the fact that Ryder is right next to me, and Emily talking enough for the both of us, I don't think I would be able to do this.

After breakfast, Emily decides that we should go shopping so we could get to know each other better. I'm a little nervous for this trip because I've never really been shopping for myself, so I don't really know what I like.

*

*

*

Once we get to the mall area, Emily is basically jumping up and down.

"Ok, Luna, first we have to go and get some everyday clothes, then we can get some sleep wear clothes, and after that, we can get sexy clothes to impress Ryder!" she says as she pulls me into the first shop we see. I blush at the last part though, there is no way I'm getting some "sexy clothes to impress Ryder."

After 4 hours of shopping, Emily is finally stopping so we can get something to eat. We have a bunch of bags, and the pack members that were sent to watch us, each have at least 10 bags. Obviously they are used to Emily doing this since they are not complaining.

We get food from Subway before we sit down in the food court.

"So, what do you think of the clothes we got you, Luna?" Emily asks after we start eating.

"I really like them. You have a great sense of fashion," I say with a smile. She blushes slightly before she thanks me.

After we ate, she tried to get me to try on some "sexy outfits that would blow Ryder away," but I refused. I would never be confident enough to wear something like that.

Once she realizes that I'm not going to budge, we decide to head home. We've been gone for basically the entire day, and I'm tired. I had a lot of fun though, and Emily and I are on our way to becoming good friends.

We get home around 7:30pm, and by that time, I just want to crawl in bed and pass out. We've been out since 11:30 in the morning, so that's probably why I'm so tired.

Ryder and Brian are waiting for us when we get out of the car. The pack members that went with Emily and I brought my bags into Ryder's room. As soon as I get close enough, Ryder wrapped his strong arms around me and pulled me to his chest. I glance over and see that Emily is in a similar position.

"How was your day, sweetheart?" Ryder asks after he kisses my cheek. My wolf purrs happily.

"I had an amazing day. Emily is awesome," I say with a shy smile.

"Aw, thanks, Luna! You're not too bad yourself," she says with a wink aimed towards me.

"Alright, let's get you to bed, love. You look like you're about to pass out." Ryder says before he picks me up and carries me to our bedroom.

Our.

I like the sound of that. My wolf yips happily in my head, agreeing with me.

After I get changed into some of the clothes I got today, I walk out of the bathroom and crawl into bed.

Ryder is already there waiting for me. I snuggle up into his warm and naked chest as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me impossible closer.

I turn around so I'm facing him, and I start tracing his abs. He growls in approval, and I smile.

"How was your day, Ryder," I mumble while still tracing his abs.

"It was ok, but I missed you." I blush at his statement. No one has ever missed me. I suddenly think of something.

"Wait, since I'm your mate, that means that when you leave I have to go back with you. I can't leave! What about my brother!" I say while trying to sit up. Ryder just pulls me closer to him.

"Mine!" he growls while putting his head near my neck and sniffing.

Once he calms down, he starts rubbing my back.

"Your brother can come with us. I don't want you two to be separated, or for you to be unhappy."

"Really? You'd let him join your pack just for me?"

"Our pack, and yes, I would do anything to make you happy." I throw my arms around him and I mumble a bunch of thank you's to him.

"Since you spent all day with Emily, tomorrow, you and I are spending the day together. We also need to ask your brother if he wants to join my pack."

I nod my head in agreement before snuggling into his chest again.

How did I get so lucky? My life before was terrible, but things look like they are looking up now.

I fall asleep with a smile on my face.