Chapter 13-Edited

Chapter 13

Elizabeth's POV

When I wake up the next morning, wrapped up in Ryder's embrace, I let out a soft sigh. I'm sure this is what heaven feels like.

I snuggle closer to his embrace while I think of what my new pack will be like. Hopefully, everyone will be as friendly as the pack members that came here.

I used to think that every member of the Blood Falls pack was heartless, cold, and vicious because of the rumors about them.

Now, I know that those assumptions are wrong. My life would be so different if they hadn't come to this pack. I would have never met Ryder, and that thought scares me.

My future is looking up so much, and I can honestly say that I've never been more happy.

Last night, when Ryder asked if I wanted children, I almost jumped with joy and started screaming. I've always wanted a family and a few kids of my own.

I look over at the clock near the bed and see that it's 5am. That gives Ryder and me about an hour and a half to get ready since we're leaving around 6:45am.

I shake Ryder's arm gently until he wakes up. He sits up while rubbing his eyes and he honestly looks so cute.

"Is it time to go?" He says with a small yawn.

"Yeah, we need to get ready. I'm going to go take a shower."

"You know, to save time, we could shower together...." He trails off with a slight smirk on his face. I just roll my eyes before getting the clothes I set out last night and going to the bathroom.

*

*

*

It's 6:15am now, and everyone is trying to get something to eat. Most people around me are rushing about, but I'm in my own world.

Today, I'm going to a new pack, and I'm going to be their Luna. Even though this pack is relatively small, it's the strongest pack in the world. Everyone knows about them, and everyone fears them. If I mess up, everyone in the werewolf world will know and people around the world would criticize me.

No pressure or anything.

I remind myself that I have nothing to be afraid of. All of the pack members that are here have been very kind and accepting. Emily has made it her goal to make sure I'm getting along with the pack members, and I'm really thankful for her. Since I haven't had a good relationship with most people I tend to be a little shy. I know I will definitely have to work on my people skills because I don't want people to think that I am rude.

*

*

*

We are finally on our way out of the Crescent Falls pack. I look out the window and watch the scenery pass. This is where I grew up. I want to feel sad for leaving, but all I feel is happiness. I've never been outside of the pack boarders so this is all so new and exciting for me.

Ryder is sitting on my right, and Jake is sitting on my left. They are two of the most important people in my life, and I'm glad that I will be able to be with both of them.

Somewhere along the trip, I must have fallen asleep because now I can feel myself being picked up. I remember waking up a few times, but I wasn't really aware of what was going on. I also remember a few times where Ryder or Jake had me eat some food, but that's about it. The drive was a lot longer than I expected, and I usually get car sick, so I'm glad I was sleeping for the most part.

The person who picked me up is talking to someone else, but my mind is too hazy to make out the voices. From the tingles that are on my skin, I assume Ryder is probably the one holding me. I snuggle closer into his chest before I hear a bang and I jump in fright. The first thing I see is a man standing in front of a now broken chair with an apologetic smile on his face.

"I'm sorry Luna, I didn't mean to wake you, or scare you. My apologies." I give him a reassuring smile, but Ryder looks like he's going to break the poor man's arm.

"It's ok. I wasn't completely asleep anymore." The man smiles at me before he picks up part of the chair and goes inside. My mind is starting to clear a little, and I see that the building in front of me is not familiar.

It's then that I notice that this must be Ryder's pack. I quickly jump down from his arms, which earns a growl from him, before I start looking around at everything. There are a bunch of houses surrounding a slightly bigger house, and then it looks like there are some houses a little further away. The flowers here are gorgeous and they smell divine. I move closer to them, staying away from the ones that have thorns, and I simply admire their beauty.

"Where is your pack located? A lot of people have speculated where it is, but I want to know the truth," I say while I lean closer to smell the flowers.

"Well, the main part of the pack is located here, near the center of Portland, Oregon, but we do have a few pack members that live closer to the edge of the city." Wow, the Crescent Falls pack is in Forest Park, Georgia. I really must have been out of it. The trip would've taken a few days because of all the stops they probably took, but I barely remember a thing.

"All the flowers that you see out here were planted by the women in the pack. Emily decided this would be a fun activity to do to make sure everyone in the pack knows each other and so new pack members would feel more at home."

"That was a very smart idea. Emily is one of those people who makes sure that everyone is included and no one feels isolated. That's probably my favorite thing about her. She makes you feel welcomed."

"It's something that everyone in the pack loves her for."

"Speaking of the pack, where is everyone?" I ask as I finally notice how quiet it is.

"Don't worry, you'll meet everyone on Friday. I asked everyone to stay home so you wouldn't feel overwhelmed." My heart warms at his thoughtfulness and I give him a grateful smile. As excited as I am to meet the pack, I think it'd be best to wait a few days. Since it's Monday, I have more than enough time to get ready.

"Where's Jake?"

"He chose to start his training early. From what I've been told so far, he's making excellent progress."

"Thank you so much for doing this." Ryder just smiles and squeezes my hand.

"Come with me," Ryder says as he tugs me hand, "I want to show you around some of the territory." I take his hand, and we go outside. He shifts into his wolf, and I copy his actions.

I take a deep breath, and I can smell a lot of different scents coming from the different houses. These are my new pack members scents, and I'm going to need to memorize them. I can also smell all the different flowers and the different animals near or in the forest. I can also see a lot farther, and I can hear a lot of sounds coming from the houses or the forest. I love being in wolf form and having my senses heightened even more than usual.

Ryder nudges my side before he uses his head to tell me to follow him. He starts off at a slow jog, but after a few minutes, we're sprinting. I'm surprised I'm able to keep up with him. His wolf is huge, and I'm not that experienced in my wolf form since I wasn't really allowed to shift.

We run around about half of the territory before Ryder decides it's time to go home.

Home. I like the sound of that.