Chapter 33-Edited

Chapter 33

Ryder's POV

For the past few days, my men and I have been following the trail that Chris was able to make with the information he found. I left Chris in the pack so he could watch them, and so he could find out more information about Elizabeth's location. We've been traveling for a long time, but we still haven't found them.

The days seem to mix together in a blur. My actions these past days have been robotic. We travel for hours each day, only stopping when it is absolutely necessary. I'm grateful that the men don't complain. They want their Luna back almost as much as I want my mate back. When I ask them to do something, they do it without questions or protesting. All of them have gone above and beyond, and I couldn't be more pleased with them. I'm so thankful for the pack members that I have. I know I've been blessed.

I stare at the trees in front of me, lost in thought. I just want this to be over already. I wish there was some way that we would be able to find her. I just need a sign. What if it's too late when I get there? I would never be able to forgive myself. I've already failed her so many times, I can't fail this time. The sound of leaves crunching under someone's foot reaches my ears, but I don't turn around. I already know who it is because of their scent.

"Alpha, beta Brian is requesting your presence," Jake says to me. I tense slightly before nodding my head. I wanted him to stay back in the pack, where he would be protected completely, but he wouldn't have that. He wanted to be there to help find his sister, and I understand that completely. If I was in his place, I would be doing the same thing. However, he's not really in the right state of mind right now and I'm worried that he will act on impulse if something happens. He's even worse than me. I know that if something happens to him, Elizabeth will be devastated. I've ordered everyone to keep an eye on him and protect him with their lives. I know he's an excellent fighter, but I don't want to take any chances.

"Thank you, Jake. I will be there momentarily," I reply while glancing over my shoulder. He bows slightly before walking away. I run a hand through my hair before letting out a frustrated sigh. I push off the tree I was leaning on before I start walking back to our small camp.

I see Brian pacing back and forth. I walk up to him with a curious look on my face. Brian rarely gets stressed about something, so I know this is serious.

"Brian? You wanted to see me?" His eyes immediately snap up towards mine before he nods his head quickly.

"Alpha, come quickly! We must go now!" He says before quickly heading off in a random direction. I frown slightly but I follow him anyway. Once he sees I'm following him, he starts to pick up his pace into a jog.

"Where are we going?" I ask as we continue to run through the forest.

"One of our scouts has said that there are people in a cabin not far from here! The scout saw one of the people, and his description matches what your uncle looks like." My face blanks as I process what he just said. I should've been the first one to know of their location!

"Why did he tell you and not me?" I demand in a hard tone.

"He tried to mindlink you as soon as he saw, but your walls were up." I don't say anything after that.

We continue to run for a few minutes before Brian suddenly stops. I stare at him in confusion, but he just motions me towards a few bushes. We walk towards the thin bushes before crouching down near them. We move some of the smaller pieces to the side so we can see on the other side.

The first thing I notice is a small cabin in the middle. I see a few people standing around and talking. They all have arrogant smirks on their face. I roll my eyes as I see some of them arm-wrestling. They look pathetic.