Chapter 34-Edited

Chapter 34

Elizabeth's POV

I lay on my bed waiting for Carter to come get me so we can train. I rub my eyes tiredly and let out a yawn. I stare up at the ceiling in my room with my hands behind my head.

"Well this is really boring," a voice in my head states. I almost jump out of my skin in shock.

"Oops, sorry. I didn't mean to scare you," she says sheepishly. I relax when I realize that it's just my vampire. She's talked to me a few times before, but it's mostly just been during training so I don't give up.

"It's alright," I respond before I start counting the cracks on the ceiling.

"I can't wait till training," she says excitedly.

"I can definitely wait," I mumble. She laughs, but I'm being serious. I frown slightly when I finally realize something.

"You know what I just realized?"

"What did you just realize?" She asks.

"I don't know your name," I mumble sheepishly.

"My name is Alexandrea, but don't call me that. Call me Alex."

"You have a beautiful name."

"I know," she replies with a smirk. I roll my eyes slightly, but before I can answer, I hear a knock on my door. It's the knock Carter and I came up with so I rush to the door. I open it quietly before walking out and closing it behind me.

Carter puts one finger to his lips telling me to be quiet. We quietly creep through the house, barely making a sound. I can hear soft mummers coming from Zack's office and I hold my breath. The last thing I want is for him to catch us. I don't even want to imagine what he would do.

Once we get to a clearing that's far away from the cabin, we both let out sighs of relief. I pull my hair into a ponytail, and I get into a fighting stance. Carter holds up his hand before shaking his head. I frown slightly before standing upright.

"What's wrong?" I ask while tilting my head to the side.

"Nothing's wrong, we're just going to be doing something different today."

"What are we doing then?"

"This entire time, I've been training you in hand to hand combat. This is because I don't know what's going to happen during this fight, and I want you to be prepared for anything. There might be times where you won't be able to use your powers. Now, however, we need to practice your powers for those times when you will be able to use them. We already know that you can control the elements, so let's start with that." I nod my head and try to calm my nerves. I've never actually used my powers before. The two times that I used them before don't count because both times I used them, I wasn't in control of my body.

"There's no reason to be nervous, Lizzy. We've got this," Alex exclaims. I stretch my legs and arms before I crack my knuckles.

"I'm ready." Carter gives me a smile before he points to a random tree that's nearby.

"Your target is that tree. Let's see what you can do to it using water."

I stretch out my hand towards the tree and start focusing until all I can see is that tree. I feel my blood start running through my veins faster as my heartbeat increases. A cool sensation runs along my body until it gets to my hands, and then my fingertips. Small water droplets pour out from my hand. A startled gasp escapes my lips before I start grinning. Carter gives me a small smile before motioning for me to continue.