Chapter 2

Today is Monday and the day at school seems awful long. I have been trying to concentrate a lot more on my lectures as we are moving closer to the finals. The semesters are moving faster than I thought, that's why I'm lacking a little behind.

As I get my phone out of my pocket, Adrien's business card falls out of it. I pick it up and observe it again, reading his number over and over again. Vicky's words haunt me since yesterday, making me overthink my decisions. Maybe I should see what he has to offer.

I'm always secretly complaining, that I'm not able to build a relationship with a guy, now here I am, yet I back out like a coward.

"Shit." I cuss in my breath and take the route to my dorm.

Vicky is not there, her courses go longer on Mondays. I have the room all to myself and decide to clean up, before she gets home and makes a mess again.

After half an hour of tidying up, I'm fatigue and let myself fall on my bed. I bite my lip as I stare at the business card again. My phone is in eyesight and I could just give him a quick call.

I shakily take my phone and dial his number with a hammering heart. Sweat starts to form on my palms and forehead. At the second ringing, someone picks up.

"Coste Entreprise Unipersonelle à Responsabilité Limiteé." A female voice answers.

"Um, hello my name is Lola Montgomery, I would like to speak to Adrien Coste."

"You can leave your number, he will give you a call back when he is out of his meeting." I hope, that it won't take long until he calls me up. This will give me too m h time to reconsider my decisions.

"Of course, thank you, bye." I hang up and press my phone against my chest, with my eyes shut. I really did it and there is no going back.

I take my notebook and open google, typing Adrien Coste in the search bar. When I press enter, various pictures of him pop up. A few where he is shaking people's hands, and in other ones he is just photographed alone. There is even a Wikipedia of him and I wonder if that's enough to find out about him. There is nothing that says more about his corporations. I know his age, and that's about it.

I continue to look his pictures up, what I notice is, that he isn't smiling in any of them, he constantly has the same stern look. I wonder if it is just for the pictures or because of how he just is. I mean, he has an amazing smile, it wouldn't hurt to show it.

I go to the website of his company which is based in Paris and read about the partnerships his corporations. Basically his company is conglomerate and specializes in luxury goods. There are big names like Chanel and Dior on the list. I gasp, visibly shocked about the big names.

Suddenly my phone vibrates, an incoming call. The number is unknown to me and I'm debating whether to hang up or pick up. I press the green button and close my eyes.

"Hello?"

"Lola?" A deep voice tones. Goosebumps raise on my skin and my breathing becomes rapid.

"Hey um, I called you before." I bite my lips in nervousness.

"I know."

"I thought about it, I will just go on one date with you, to see what you have to offer." He let's out an airy chuckle. Gosh, that was sexy.

"I appreciate it. Do you want me to pick you up?" I bite my lip.

"I'm not gonna to tell you where I live." I scoff.

"It's okay, I could pick you up somewhere else." He suggests.

"Fine, pick me up at café from yesterday. At seven." I say.