Chapter 19

I observe Adrien, while he chalks the tip of his cue stick. His brows are furrowed and his eyes are focused on his actions. I try to remember every technique my father has showed me, but it's been a long time since I used them. The last time I even held a cue stick was on my last high school year, when we played pool with my entire class. Adrien's eyes skip to me, a hint of a smile growing on his face. I walk around the pool table and glare at him from the other end.

"I'll be gentle." He exclaims.

"Me too." I respond.

"Have you thought of what you're gonna do with me?"

"Not yet. But I have plenty of time before I beat you don't I?" Adrien smirks, while he racks the pool balls with a triangle. He seems pretty confident in what he is doing and I'm kind of nervous.

"Oh Lola, you're something else." He breathes. "Ladies first."

I position myself in front of the table, extending my arms across the platform. I take a deep breath and hit one ball, colliding with two. Only one sinks in one of the pockets.

"Not bad." I hear Adrien say, his voice surprisingly close behind me. I build myself up and lean against the pool table. I have time until I know what I want to do with him and it better be worth it.

"That was just a warm up." I walk around the table. His hand brushes past my thigh, and I pretend to not have noticed that. I need to keep my head in the game, Adrien is probably going to try to distract me a lot. But even if he didn't try, I'd still get distracted.

I position myself again and hit the next ball, this time being able to make two balls sink. Adrien glares up at me with an almost puzzled face.

"What?" I want to know.

"You play like a beginner."

"Oh really? Is that what a beginner can do?" I roll my eyes, purposely. His jaw tenses, while he casually stands there, watching me hit the fourth ball. The ball rolls and stops right before the hole, as if it was somehow controlled by Adrien. Great. I look at him and notice that a smile grew on his face, him positioning himself, before he hits one single ball. And that ball sinks in my ball and severely others.

"What?" He teases me and hits many more pool balls effortlessly.

I just watch how he is sinking in ball after ball, making me look baffled. He stops as he is now about to hit the last one.

"I'll drop you off work on Monday-" with a quick move the ball is already in. "Georgette and I will have a long conversation." I mutely take in my defeat, while Adrien is just glaring at me.

"Lola don't be mad at me."

"I don't know why you want to talk to her so bad anyway. It's absolutely unnecessary."

"We made a deal didn't we?"

"I don't care about the deal, I still don't want it." I rage.

"A deal is a deal. You gotta learn how to be a better loser." He tugs me towards him by the hem of my shorts. "We're just gonna talk, nothing else okay? And now..." I look up as his voice slightly raises. "Bend over." I blink a few times as his blunt words tone.