Chapter 22

"Basically we went on two dates but after that we never talked again. It's so weird cause we got along and it seemed like we would go on more dates but I guess this is how it works with men nowadays," My friend tells me while cutting her bread in rectangular pieces. "Men can treat you like the only woman in the world then in another second they treat you like you never existed in their lives."

"You said he was very busy..." I respond in attempt to cheer her up.

"Yes but not that busy to not even answer to one text. Men are trash and it will always be like this." She takes a piece of bread in her mouth and chews audibly. She doesn't even wait until she swallows and continues to speak.

"But it looks like it's going good between you and Adrien, tell me something about you guys."

"What do you wanna know?" I sit up a little nervous about revealing anything.

"What do you guys do? What does he like doing?" Basically tying me up and fucking me relentlessly.

"We play pool and go on dates." I drink my hot tea that burns the top of my tongue. "We have more in common than I ever thought."

"You look so drained but good lately."

"How is that even possible?" I giggle.

"You look expensive and classy but something seems to be bothering you." She squints her eyes as if she's studying me.

"You're just thinking too deep into this. I'm okay work is a little tiring that's all."

"You can talk to me if anything's bothering you Lola." I don't know how many times I've heard this before I have in and spilled my guts to her. The last thing my best friend needs to know is that Adrien and I play pretend as sex master and slave.

"I-" my phone's alarm vibrates which I set to as a reminder to head off to work. "Gotta go, talk to you later okay?"

"When is later? When Adrien doesn't have time for you?"

"What?" She leans back and shrugs.

"We haven't done anything in a long time now I kinda want my old friend back." She says without looking at me. Her words linger between us. Old friend?

"Let's talk about this when I'm back."

"Not today, I have an appointment with my new hairdresser. You gotta wait."

I leave the apartment with remorse getting in one of Adrien's sport cars I borrowed. I didn't even ask him for it but he told me that he doesn't want me to show up with my old car at work and part of his reason is because of Georgette. I as her assistant am driving a better car than her, which she isn't really fond of.

Fortunately I arrive just in time Georgette already shoving a lot of paper work in my face right before she orders me to buy her breakfast from the café at the opposite of our building. She ends up explaining me a few more things about the stack of paper that is on her desk she wants me to take care of. Georgette even offered me to have breakfast with her which I kindly opposed. Her sudden camaraderie is kind of intimidating and sketchy, I don't think I should let my guards down. Who knows what she's planning?

Her entire demeanor changes when Adrien comes to pick me up. I am surprised as well, he came unannounced. Adrien greets me with a kiss on the head while taking my neck in his hand gently massaging it.