Chapter 17

I follow Georgette along the hall to an office, where I have my own little space to work in. She smiles at me every now and then, which leaves me very perplex and almost terrified. She basically has my life on her hands and could do something to hurt me in any given time. As much as I dislike her, I have to get myself together and behave.

"Who knew you had the courage to show up here?" She says as soon as she closes the door behind us. I stiffen on my spot and let her walk around me. "Hm," she lets out.

"I had no idea you work here."

"You mean you had no idea I run this place." She corrects me.

"You're the co owner." I bite my tongue and prevent myself from losing my cool. She abruptly turns around and crosses her arms in front of her big bust.

"Yes and I play a very important role here, so you better show yourself from your best side... if you even have one." She adds the last part with a light voice. "Anyways, let's start all over." She flashes me a wide smile and turns around. The back of her blouse is see through, allowing me to recognize a scar which is right in the middle. It looks old and is almost faint, but it's still visible enough to shimmer through the light fabric. What could have happened there? She isn't trying to hide it, does it have a reason?

"Okay." I lower my head.

"Since you're my personal assistant, I want you to do exactly everything I tell you to do." She rummages in her folders on her desk. "I made you a list of what I want." I release a scoff.

"This isn't only a list, those are pages." I flop the papers. She sucks her full lip in, narrowing her eyes.

"Are we complaining on our first day of work?" I instantly shake my head. "Great, now get me a cup of camomile tea. Three little spoons of honey and don't stir, I will do that." She proceeds. I nod and walk out, on the look out for the kitchen. Or anywhere, where I can get Satan a cup of tea with honey.

The kitchen is only three doors away from us. I open the heavy door and walk in, proceeding to make her a nice cup of tea. Maybe this will be the end of our war. Maybe Georgette and I will get along and even become some sort of buddies. At least this is what I would like to happen for my job's sake.

I put three spoons of honey inside of her tea and leave the spoon in, before returning to her office.

I balance the cup of tea in the small plate while slowly waking to her desk. She lowers her book and stares at my finished product.

"Did you stir?"

"No." I put the cup of tea on the free spot on her desk. "Here you go." I breathe out.

"Thank you." She says and begins to stir her tea. After a few small blows, she takes a sip. Her expression is blank, exactly like how she looked during the dinner when I was telling a little about myself.

"Oh."

"What?" I crease my forehead. She pulls out a napkin from under the table and dabs the corner of her mouth with it.

"It tastes strange."

"This is camomile tea." I assure her.

"But it tastes so... strange." She looks at me. "Drink it." I blink a few times and stare at the cup, before I look back at her again.

"What?"

"I just wanna make sure..."

"What? That I didn't poison it?" I scoff. She gets up and rests her hands on the desk leaning forward.

"Look, I'm not here to play games Lola. You can do that shit with your friends, but not with me. Why are you being so resistant?" She tilts her head.