Chapter 29

Trigger warning// mention of suicide attempt

Monday. Another monotone day. It's almost been two weeks since Adrien and I saw each other and I haven't heard anything from him ever since. No texts, no mails, no calls, nothing. I don't know if this is supposed to make me happy or sad, but everything around me has been only calm since then. There have been times I hoped for him to contact me again and tell me that he missed me and wanted to see me again. If that even was the case.

Vicky doesn't know my current situation, because I don't let her on. I don't want her to worry even more about me than she already did. She did in fact notice, that I was home more often now, thinking that Adrien is too busy at the moment, that's what I had to tell her.

Maybe I'm also a bit embarrassed about falling for someone who doesn't care. A side of me is so close to telling her the entire truth. It would be nice to have someone to talk to at times like this. I wish Denis was here. I screwed everything up with him and now I'm also on the verge of losing my only close friend.

It took me a lot of strolling around the park before I went home, only staying inside leaves me alone with my haunting thoughts, and I just can't bear them with in my current emotional state. I was even thinking of calling Colette, but that most likely means I have to see him again. It's still unknown to me if I'll still go to the wedding.

I take my shoes off as soon as I get home and put my bag on the side table near the entrance. The TV is still running despite me having turned it off before I left.

"Vicky?" I call once slowly walking to the source of the noise.

"She isn't here." The woman turns around and grows a roguish smile on her face. "Hi Lola."

"Georgette? How did you get in here?" She holds a key up before putting it back in her small pocket.

"Friends share everything."

"Why the hell are you here when she isn't?" She turns the TV off and looks at me in amusement. My turbulence is appealing to her, and she probably has found a new way to really bother me now.

"The question is, why are you here? Shouldn't you be with him?" She walks in my direction.

"Why can't you just say his name?"

"Just answer my question." 

"It's none of your business."

She smiles even wider and walks half a circle around me. "Trouble in paradise?"

"Stop this."

"I wonder how long it will take him until he dumps you. Just like he did with me."

"What exactly do you want?" My breathing is unsteady. I always knew she was evil, but I never actually feared her like right now. Her calmness is intimidating and unexpected. Where do I look? Into her eyes or on her expensive pumps clacking on the laminate floor?

"I don't get what he sees in you? You're nothing but a boring and self entitled bitch who doesn't even care about her friends. Do you know how shitty Victoria feels?"

"It's none of your business."

"She's my friend. It's my business now." She stops with her back turned towards me. "I feel so sorry for you Lola. Adrien doesn't really want you and yet you invest so much time in him, thinking he means more than a long friendship you are risking."

"Please leave me alone Georgette. I know you don't really care about Vicky after all, all this talk is just because you want Adrien. Fine, you can have him. Him and I aren't together anymore. He's all yours." Her eyes gleam as she looks at me, she continues to walk around me, before she stops in front of me again. When I said that her entire face almost lit up, it made me sick to my stomach. Her existence makes me sick.