Chapter 30

Helium-Sia

Adrien I need to talk to you. ASAP.

This is the first text I send him after a while. My heart leaps and I don't know when he's gonna read it. Either he's very busy or he will ignore it. I don't care what he thinks when he reads it, but I have to know what happened between Georgette and him. Part of me doesn't wanna believe her story, but another part of me needs to hear what Adrien has to say. Just as I grab my phone to text him again, he answers. My heart almost beats out of my chest. This is the first time we have talked after a while.

Meet me at five in my office.

It's in seven hours! I can't wait that long. What am I supposed to do until then? Should I get ready? Maybe put a little extra effort into the way I look? Who am I even trying to impress? I don't want to present myself like a mess in front of a man who is so well put together, what is he gonna think? That I am ruined after him? No that's not the impression I wanna give someone who basically dumped me.

I take everything out of my wardrobe and throw it on my bed. What does Adrien like on me? He loves it when I wear sundresses, he can't keep his fingers off of me whenever he sees me in them. I've never been the type, but after wearing them for almost three months, I've learned to love the sight of me in sundresses. I'm starting to look better to myself. I take everything out that I could wear, which takes me a little longer. I hop under the shower and brush my teeth. At last I put on more makeup than usual and straighten my naturally curly hair.

"Is this too much?" I ask the dolled up girl in the mirror. She even took her cast off she's supposed to wear for one more week. Where is she going? To a party or to confront a man who could have possibly hurt another woman? What the hell am I doing? And by the time I am regretting my choice of look it's almost four. I slowly have to get going and it feels like I am meeting Adrien for the first time again. My stomach is tingling and my heart rate is at the speed of the light.

I take the train, because my car has almost broken down. Unfortunately I had to give it up at the end. Adrien's car is still available to me, but I don't want to use anything that belongs to him or he has bought me, beside the phone I'm stuck with. I even put on Vicky's new dress and shoes, because I don't want Adrien to see me in something he spend his money on. I don't wanna give him that good feeling.

The train is extremely full and I have to squeeze myself in in the amount for almost half an hour. Paris' metro is always busy, but today it seems to be way busier than what I normally see. I rush to the exit and take the bus downtown. Twenty minutes until it's five and hopefully I don't arrive sooner than appointed. This almost feels like a business meeting. How is he going to react when he sees me? How am I going to react? I don't know if I'm ready to face him after that night, but of course these thoughts are crossing my kind the closer I get. The sight of the huge thirty story glass building that towers over the entire city intimidates me. It's my first time here.

I get off and look at the time on my phone and it's ten minutes before five now. Before walking inside I take a deep breath and strut down the hall. The hall alone is huge and kept very light and modern with beautiful details, such as a patterned marble floor and big flat screen TVs on the walls. It's decorated with plants and modern furniture that fit perfectly to Adrien's taste. It's very busy here and everyone, I kid you not, every single person here looks attractive. Very professional and intimidatingly good looking. I feel so small in the sea full of these people. Where do I even ask? My body becomes tense as I approach a woman at the front desk who is typing in something on her computer. She immediately notices me, before I can even reach her.

"Welcome to Coste Entreprise Unipersonelle à Responsabilité Limitée, how can I assist you?" The attractive ash blonde haired woman smiles at me and I try to keep calm. She raises her brows expectedly as she waits for a delayed answer.