Chapter 3

Adam a/k/a the Beast

I wondered what the deal was with Audrey and the blonde dude. I was positive that Audrey would tell me. Jack had dealt with the situation before it could escalate further. Damn him.  I did a few more drinks and signaled to Mike to take my place at the bar.   I had this restless need to walk around.  My phone beeped in the back pocket of my jeans. I've been ignoring it the whole night.  Whatever it was, it couldn't be important.  Everyone I cared about was currently working on the floor tonight.  Honestly, I thought about tossing the damn phone in a canal. I had no desire to speak to people.  I didn't  sell on Ebay or shop on Amazon and I sure has hell wasn't into games like Candy Crush.  I wasn't Jack. I refuse to let a stupid game monopolize my life.  I had to revoke Jack's cell privileges a month after that game came out.  He had needed an intervention.  It is ironic that Sex is bad but Candy Crush was okay?  The world is a strange place.

I walked around the cards and slot machines. Many of the people that came here were regulars. I wondered if someone harassed them on a daily bases for their gambling addiction.  Gambling is bad but Candy Crush is okay. 

Okay, okay, I knew the phone calls and texts messages were from Coach Dickhead. If the guy could put a tracker on my penis, I was pretty sure he would. He would ultimately be disappointed because contrary to his thinking I did not have sex every hour of the day.  I was young but even I didn't have the stamina for that shit!

My phone beeped again,  if I didn't deal with this he would start calling.  I pulled my phone out of my pocket and walked towards the back exit. There was a river that I used to smoke by and before you asked - yes I gave up that vice too.

Upon reaching the river, I glanced at the phone. I was so tempted to toss it into the water, but I was sure I would get it back. I was positive Jack had waterproof the phone. He even went out of the way to tell me he that the case was the best military grade stuff around. That was his way of saying drop it, light it on fire and guess what it will still work.  He was very efficient when he wanted to be. 

Yep, four texts all from Coach Dickhead.

Text 1

"Please check in."

Text 2

" Adam, you missed your check in.  Do you need help?"

Text 3

"Adam if you have your dick in someone , I suggest you pull it out and call me."

Apparently being an SAA Coach allowed you to get away with using vulgarities.

Text 4

"Dammit Adam, you know better.  I'm disappointed in you son."

Argh, this man was not my dad and never would be.  My dad knew how to have a good time. My dad would never lower his standards and use such vulgar language.  My dad wouldn't give a shit where I put my dick.

I leaned against the palm tree and close my eyes. I breathe deep, and try to relax all the muscles in my body. It was a relaxation technique I learned from that lovely stay in the Miami-Dade holding cell. They thought it would be hilarious to put the "pretty boy" in with the scary looking biker dude. The joke was on them. Aaron Clogsworth, the scary looking biker dude, was into yoga and a bunch of other crap. By the time I left the cell, I hired Aaron to work at the Castle. Initially, I thought bouncer but Aaron didn't believe in harming a fly and he talked way to much. So now he worked the bar. Poor guy tried to solve all the clients problems. It was an impossible situation but Arron seem to think of it as a challenge. Yeah, yeah, I know. I want to jail and found another Jack.  The irony was not lost on me.  Now they both annoyed the ever loving shit out of me. 

I took my mask off and stuffed it in my back pocket. Man, I could go for a joint.  There were times I wished I still smoke.