Chapter 10

Belle

I blinked at the bright sunlight. Damn getting out of jail was almost anti climactic. That bitch Claudia literally dragged me out the front door. If it wasn't a public building, I bet she would have locked the door behind me. I was tempted to go back in just to see what she would do. If I was not emotionally drained, I would have pushed her buttons a little more. What can I say except that Walmart has taught me to enjoy the drama as it happens. No, I don't run around taking pictures of the weird and unusual although some people I worked with were there purely for the social media aspect. Working at Walmart was like having Gold credit card. It had potentially to make you famous at less temporarily. The underground instagram account was full of rare footage. It was a secret account that only under paid workers knew about. There was also a twitter account where all the whiners gather to complain about the pay, their boss and how cheap society was.

I took my keys out of the bag they gave me.  It was a habit.  I was sort of hoping my fairy godmother arrived with a new corvette that would beep when I hit the fob. Sadly there was no return beep, no corvette, Ford or pumpkin near me. Damn, guess my fairy godmother was on vacation or just plain lazy.
I was going to have to call for an Uber. I pulled my cell out of the bag . The screen was dark . I hit the power button but the stupid phone remain off. It was an eenie meanie Minnie moe situation. I could be out of juice or my phone might have finally kicked the bucket.  There was a part of me that wanted to throw the damn thing and jump on it for good measure. Then there was the other part of me that prayed the battery was dead because it was going to be a long time before I could replace the phone.

My home was to far from the police station to walk and I was to poor for a taxi.  I was going to have to take a bus and lord only knew what time I would get home. I really wanted to cry.  I was so tired of being the strong one, responsible,  reliable  and what not.  I wanted to be weak for a change, I wanted a chance to cry and not worry. I wanted someone to take care of me.  Yeah, fuck all that bullshit about us being the stronger sex etc. There comes a time in your life where you had enough and sadly I had reached this point a lot faster then most.

As I exited the police parking lot , I saw a man sitting on the floor with a cup for money. I really thought about joining him. I could make a sign that said "I don't want to be a hooker please donate. "
The only problem was if I seat down, I was not getting back up. Plus I was pretty sure the blonde police bimbo would somehow find out and arrest me for prostitution. I just had that type of luck. If there was bad mojo around, it some how found me.

I wonder if Mr. Homeless had a cell I could burrow. I mean a phone was more important then an apartment.  Right?  Besides they probably had a network going on the best place to beg for money.  Or maybe I just need to change my name to Cinderella then maybe I could get a coach, car or skate board. I wasn't picky at this point. I set down next to the man with the tin cup. To hell with getting up, I would take nap and maybe somebody will throw a few bucks my way. I mean a girl asleep on sidewalk should get some sympathy. Right????
Oh please be right.  I mean I was in front of a police station.  What could possibly go wrong.
Even if it nobody left me money, at less I wouldn't be too tired to think of something.

I leaned my head back against concrete support and took a deep breathe. Okay, that was the worst decision I've made. Omg, homeless dude need a shower bad. The smell was bad, bad, bad.  I tried not to gag.  I really did. But I couldn't help it.