Chapter 20

Gaston

I looked over at Belle again and shook my head. The girl clearly had a few marbles lose in her head. What type of idiot believes that a move from a movie would work in real life. I mean seriously who believes that shit? I had to save her it was my job. Right? Every time I intervene things just seemed to go south. I looked at my new shoes and got pissed all over again. I had only worn them once.

Why did I want to be a police officer? It is a question I've asked myself often. I especially questioned my sanity on days like this. Honestly, I needed to find a better job. Maybe, I should run for a political office. Hmm, Mayor of Miami had a nice ring to it and most of the town people liked me. After today, I was definitely going to consider changing my career. Who would have thought one beautiful, sweet, innocent looking girl could cause me so much trouble. Honestly, I was god smacked. This was definitely insanity. It was like I had entered some type of alternative reality.

I seriously considered whether I should let the scene in front of me unfold. Part me believed that Claudia would come out on top but Belle was unpredictable and surprisingly resourceful. Those two qualities made her dangerous, just look at what she did to the three thugs in the slammer.

They had records and yet they were whining because of a little waif of a girl. As Claudia moved in for the kill, I grabbed Belle's vest and jerked her out of harm's way. I didn't even expect her forward momentum to bring me to the ground. Everything had consequences, why did I always fell that I ended up with the short stick. Belle jerked herself out my grasp. I heard her vest rip as she popped back up ready to take Claudia on. Clearly, she had no sense of self-preservation. Normal people would be running out the door.

Just than I heard a click, I looked over to see LeFou clearly documenting the action starting to unfold in front of him. "#Crazywalmart employeehotcop " Hun? "Or how about #2beautiesatthestation, hmm maybe #hotdamn or #lovemyjob, #crazydayattheoffice or #miamipdwhereallthefunshithappens"

"What?"

"Dude, I am so posting this on my insta. I need some good hashtags." LeFou responded.

"My cousins in France will love this. I am going to get a 1,000 likes. This is awesome. If only stuff like this could happen all the time!" He added.

Okay, I admit that there were times I clearly questions LeFou's intelligence. This was exactly why. If stuff like this happened all the time, I would go crazy.

"I got it #takemybadgebutleavethegirls"

Unbelievable, take my badge but leave the girls was the best LeFou could do? This evening I was going to go out and buy a nice strong drink so that I could totally easer today from my mind.

"Whack"

"Ouch, let go of my hair you bitch."

"You hit me."

"You kicked me"

"You started it"

"Did not"

Clearly, this fight was going to happen no matter what. By now a large crowd had gathered. It was amazing that the majority of the people watching were police officers yet none of them were trying to prevent it. What happened to protect and serve? Clearly, I would need to retrain them and I was going to start with LeFou.

"Maybe I should make a Gif. Do you think a Meme would be better? I could totally do a Meme of the hair-pulling or even the hit. Oh my God, I am going to be so popular! Do you think I should post this to twitter too?" LeFou asked.

Why did I have to be in charge? My perfect record was going to be destroyed. I, Gaston, was going to be ridiculed after today and Lefou clearly did not understand that memes could be gifs too.

"Oh my God, you are going down. I am going to kill you." Claudia shouted.

"You're supposed to protect people."

"And you're supposed to ring up things and talk behind people's backs. What's your point?"

"Are you in pain boss? They didn't accidentally hit you, did they?" LeFou asked him

I didn't bother answering him. What was the point? Maybe I was approaching this wrong. I decided to try my luck with Claudia because Belle was like a slippery eel that had managed to escape me multiple times today. I grabbed Claudia by her collar and winked. Wink, I know what you are thinking but Claudia is predictable and the wink got her attention. She went slack in my grasp. Why don't we go to my office and you can tell me about the Castle? She nodded her head agreeably. Let's be honest I was hot and Claudia liked hot men. So I use my hotness to incapacitate her. Finally, something was working, now if only I could manage to get to the office without limping, find a handful of aspirins for my pounding head, and order a sub from Jimmy Johns life would be good again. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration because I was sure I was going to have a nightmare about my poor shoes.

"The Castle?" Claudia purred as she ran a hand down my chest and grabbed me by the waist. That was Claudia for you.

"Excuse me?" Belle exclaimed.

Right, I only manage to contain half the situation and as I looked around the entrance, I could tell that not everyone was happy that the fight was over. "LeFou, can you please escort Ms. De Fluer home."

LeFou scratched his head in confusion, " I thought you told me to take care of Claudia?"

I nodded my head. "Now I am asking you to please escort Ms. De Fluer to her home. " I felt like I was teaching basic math to a kindergartener.

"So you want me to escort her home?" He questioned again, pointing his thumb at Belle.

I nodded my head and looked over at Belle. She should feel relief that she was going home but Belle's expression wasn't one of relief. If anything Belle looked crazy, her well-groom hair looked like it had been teased out. Her lip had dried blood, her vest was ripped, she had a deep scratch where the knife had cut her. On top of that, she wore a dazed expression.

"Maybe you should take her to the hospital," I said as an afterthought.

That seemed to do the trick, Belle's expression went from blank to stormy in seconds. "I work at Walmart" she exclaimed.

"What does that have to do with the hospital?" I asked in confusion.

"Hello, have you looked at the insurance they offer? Trust me it sucks. I have a $3,000 deductible first and then I am responsible for 50%. I can't afford the hospital."

She looked over at LeFou, "take me home, please."