Chapter 31

Adam

"You are unbelievable," Audrey said as she slapped me on the back. It wasn't a gentle slap, mother fucker but that slap stung.

I gave Audrey a nasty look, not that I expected it to work. No, Audrey was immune to my scare tactics. Hell, I had even learned a few of them from her. "Alienating Jack is not going to help you."

"Of course it will," I insisted.
"I won't have to hear his incessant whining." I could be as obtuse as the next guy.

"No", she disagreed calmly. A little too calmly for my liking. It was like standing in the eye of a category 5 hurricane. It was all nice and peaceful until the wind started blowing again.

"Just think instead of dealing with Jack you will be dealing with me, AND (she managed to drag out that three-letter word.) I will beat the ever-loving crap out of you."

I flinched, I couldn't help it. Audrey saw it too. She gave me a gleeful, smug smile. Damnit, I should not be shaking in my loafers. I was an adult, not a ten-year-old child. Honestly, Audrey might look all kind of nice, but she had teeth. When she chose to bite, you better get your ass to a doctor for a rabies shot. She was vicious. I look around the room trying to find Jack. He was nowhere to be found. Damn the guy could move fast.

Coach Dickhead was still struggling to get away from Charlene. Aha, justice was sweet. He was finally getting to see how I felt. I had to deal with that shit all the time. Girls who refuse to take no for an answer. It was just easier to cave in. No might be a two-letter word but some chics were just too stubborn. It was easier to give them what they wanted - a night of mindless sex. What right did he have to believe I was a Sex Addict.

Audrey slapped me on the back of my head. Ouch, that fucking hurt.

"Stop that." I snapped all the while rubbing my bruised noggin.

"Why the fuck are you smiling instead of finding Jack." Shit, she was still pissed.

I rolled my eyes to my SAA coach, but Audrey was not getting my hint. I coughed and she looked at me strangely. I bobbed my head to the hot mess that was Charlene and the asshole. I saw her look that way and had the satisfaction of seeing her eyes go wide and her lips form a little O.

"I don't know about you but I am team Charlene," I smirked.

Audrey, damn her, turned around and slapped me on my head again.

"Fuck" I snarled rubbing my head. I was pretty sure I was going to have a bump.

"That is not funny, " she said pointing at Coach Dickhead.

Yes, it was but I was not going to argue with her. She was clearly in a bad mood. Apparently, men claiming to be her husband put her panties in a wad. Audrey was adamant that she was never going to get married again after my father. I couldn't blame her. The old man knew how to devastate everyone. He left the body bags in plain sight. I wasn't my father. I hated him probably as much as Audrey. Hell, I might just hate him more. He was a worthless excuse for a human.

I guess the game was over. I was going to have to take care of the asshole like a responsible adult. There was absolutely no fun in being an adult. I walked out of the bar section and approached the table warily. I had the satisfaction of realizing that the asshole did not even see me coming. Yes, Yes, I take joy in stupid little shit, so let me have my small moment of triumph.

"Hey, Charlene"

Damnit, no response from either of them. Charlene was too busy sticking her tongue in his ear. Yuck, that tongue was totally not going anywhere near me. I had limits and tonguing my enemy was definitely one of them.

"Charlene"

Still, no reaction, unless you could consider the griding motion a reaction. Meanwhile, Coach Dickhead looked like he was hyperventilating. Honestly, Charlene was this tiny ass little creature and the asshole was like 6 feet. I wanted to laugh, the situation was absurd but if I laugh Audrey might just kick me out of my own club. I really needed to make sure everyone understood that I was the owner and therefore their damn boss.

"Just do it," I told myself. Fuck, this went against my nature. I really did not want to help him out. Fuck me. I took a deep breath and lean over and grabbed Charlene. I literally picked her tiny body up and turned her around. Her eyes went all saucer-shaped.

"OH," apparently she was starting to regain her senses.

"Your drink is ready at the bar," I stated.

She looked a little confused as I placed her back on her feet and pushed her in Audrey's direction. I knew for a fact that Audrey was watching me. I could practically feel her eyes following me. I then grabbed Coach Dickhead and started walking to the door. Maybe lightning had hit his damn car. I was doing a good deed (so what if I had caused the problem). I deserved a reward. His car being on fire would be nice. Hopefully, karma had a police officer waiting to take him to the station to file a report.

I was almost to the door when it hit me that this was a little too easy. Shit, fuck, something was wrong. I turned around and saw a blank stare on the man's face. He also had a little silva coming out at the corner of his lips. Gross, Jesus I hate my job sometimes. I really did.

"Say, something man?"

Crickets, that is what I got. Crickets are those damn creatures that act like they are going to buy something and then leave you hanging in silence. The Coach was leaving me hanging in silence.

Fuck, I was going to have to call an Uber. Dammit, I didn't know where he lived. I guess I would send the Uber to the SAA meeting hall. I looked around for Jack but I had no luck finding him. Aaron was gone too, I really hoped they weren't together. If they were the world could be in trouble. I could never find people when I needed them. Why did I pay them? Only Audrey was there explaining to Charlene that she wasn't going to be getting any tonight.

I knew Charlene had to be devastated, I was hot. I heard a groan and the man who I had been steering out the door slumped to the floor like a bag potatoes: FUCK, FUCK, FUCK. No good deed goes unpunished.