Chapter 27

Belle

"Come on Chaz work with me," I said this to myself. I was positive that I had grounds to file a case against the Miami Pd. This was police brutality, but honestly, I wasn't sure anyone would believe my story. It was just too bizarre. Who would ever believe all the shit that had happened to me this past 24 hours?

"You'll work a double shift?"

What the fuck, say what? That was really asking for a lot considering I was starving, thirsty, and tired as hell.  I had a few dollars in my locker so I could definitely get something to eat. I also needed the money, so I reluctantly nodded my head yes. Damn the things I did for money. What was one more zombie employee? At less I wouldn't die of a heat stroke in the store and it would definitely smell better inside. Especially if I stayed away from the homeless customers.  If I was honest with myself anything would be better then sitting in a hot, steamy, smelly car.

"Just remember that you have to get him to let me out of here now and I mean literally now."

"Great, I will go hunt down that Officer. What was his name again?" He asked.

"Le Fou" I said.

"Le Bow"

"No, Fou"

"Row"

"No, Le Fou"

"Fudge?"
Oh my God, Chaz really stop thinking about food.

"Le Fou" I gritted. I realized was asking for a miracle. Walmart didn't hire people based on their intelligence.

" Le Po"

I rolled my eyes upward asking for strength.

"It's LE FOU, forget it. I will die of a heat stroke or hunger before you get his name right" I muttered. I didn't have any patience for this bullshit. My patience had expired between the would be robbers and the bimbo cop.

"Le Fou, got it.  Don't have a cow. I'll get him to release you and you work a double shift. Don't forget your promise." Chaz stated as he turned around and left with a somewhat determined look on his face. It was the first time I had ever seen Chaz really try to do something. This made me wonder what the hell was going on. It was scary.  Chaz was probably the worst manager ever.  He didn't care about his job, I mean he wore dirty, ripped clothes and had greasy hair. He chain smoke cigrettes, and occassionally did pot. The smell lingered on his clothing. I still recalled the day he had told us he was married. We were all shook. Most of us  now believe he lie because not a single one of us have ever seen his significant other and none of us can comprehend who would want to marry this poor excuse of manhood.

I leaned back in the seat and closed my eyes.  I might have drifted off but the smell was really too much.  Besides it was a little hard to nod off when customers keep looking at you and pointing.  I  could even read there thoughts.  They were all the same:

"Girl, what did you do?"

"Dude you got caught at Walmart!"

"Girl, how stupid are you?"

"Wonder what she stole."

"This is what socialism does!"

Okay, maybe not the last one but really it is was very fustrating knowing people are thinking the worst about you.   I bet not one of the would ever guess that I was a victim of a robbery gone astray.   How does a victim end up in the back of a squad car? How much time had past?
I went to look at my antique plastic Swatch watch, to check the time. If felt like an eternity. I was dismay and heart broken to discover that the plastic face was scratched. The watch had belong to my mom. I found it in one of her boxes after she had die. Now when I truly needed the watch, I couldn't read it. I didn't even know if I could fix it. I guess if I had a spare 5 dollars after next week's paycheck I could get a Hello Kitty watch. Don't be booing on Hello Kitty, the kitty cat watch is cheap and well sadly cheap is what works for me.

Where was Chaz?
Did he find Le Fou? God it was smelly back here, my nostrils were in pain.

I started humming Frère Jacques to relieve my boredon. I was still bored by the time I had finished.
Next up:
"99 bottle of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer take one down pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer one the wall get me out of this freakin car before I expire of heat. 97 bottles of beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer on the wall, take one down smash it around and hose down a bimbo cop, 96 bottle of beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer on the wall take one down and smack your boss, 95 bottles of beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer on the wall, where the fuck did Chaz go, go, go. 94 bottles of beer on the wall, 94 bottles beer on the wall, take one down drink the shit out of it, 93 bottles of beer on the walk opps guess I drank too much, 92 bottles of beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer on the wall, why the fuck am I still in this cop car? 91 bottle of beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer on the wall, if you don't come soon I'm applying for Target, 90 bottles of beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer on the wall, I hope the would be robbers are in jail with itchy balls, 89 bottles of beer on the wall, 89 beer on the wall, I hope Le Fou steps on a lego or two, 88 bottles of beer on the wall, 88 bottles of wall.."

Damn, what was taking Chaz so damn long.  I was running out of good lines. How long had it been 10 minutes, 15 minutes? A half an hour? How hard could it be to track down a police officer in uniform?  Even if Officer Le Fou didn't respond to the P.A. annouce, I was positive security could find him in a matter of seconds.