Chapter 24

Belle

It was amazing how my day keeps getting worst.  Just when I thought nothing could get worst than an attempted robbery, I get arrested.  One would think that getting arrested would be hard to top, apparently that was not the case for me.  Who knew the Miami PD would have a  Barbie wanta be Cop as well as an Officer Mc Dreamy.   It wasn't my fault the Wanta be Barbie thought she was Catwoman and she wanted to shred me to pieces.  I still couldn't understand what I did to piss her off, oh wait, maybe it was mentioning her cloths.  Of course, the voice in my head chimed in, it could have been that comment you made take your child to work, but really how the hell did she get away with wearing such tight clothes?  The Miami PD had a dress code, right?   If the above wasn't bad enough I almost took a nap with a homeless man.  It was very sad to realize that it could be me in a few weeks' time.   I wrongly believed that the worst thing that happened to me was puking all over Officer Mc Dreamy's expensive shows.  I now realized that the day was gradually getting worst.  I was locked in the smellest, god awful patrol car, with the temperature approaching 104 degrees,  and to make matters worst it is parked at my place of employment, and of course, my work colleges just happened to be outside smoking.  If I turned my head I could still see them gawking. 

"Let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door, I don't care what they are going to say" I hummed the song under my breath.  It took me a moment to realize that I was singing the song from the movie Frozen, in sheer frustration I started pounding the back of my head on the car seat.  I think the heat was getting to me.  There was really no reason why I chose that song.   I sorted of hated Elsa.  It wasn't that the character wasn't likable but I mean she was trying to take over Cinderella's castle.   I read an article in some magazine, advising that Disney was considering nixing Cinderella's castle and giving it to the ever-popular Elsa.  The logic was that more children today identify with Elsa.  It was depressing, Elsa never got her Prince, not even in the second movie.  I sort of had high hopes for her.  The sad truth was that Elsa didn't even get a happy ever after with someone special.  It was like Disney saying, "You young people have no shot at love."  Yes, it was probably closer to the truth but some of us (HELLO ME) like to escape our realities, some of us mere mortals believed in miracles (<---- Yes me too, well maybe). 

I guess I was a little whimsical after all.  I knew logically if I wanted to meet a rich man, I should learn how to play gulf or work for those privates jets.   One of the girls at my job was bragging that she was dating a rich guy, she met him on Sugardaddy.com.  I almost laugh at that, my reality was that if I need to use a computer it was the local library.  I could just picture that scene in my head.  In my description, I could just leave it might take me a while to get back to you as I  don't have a computer.  Don't hate on me and bring my cellphone into this.  I have the basic bare bone plan, which means I can't do all that surfing. 

The noise of someone pounding on the window jolted me back to reality.  It was Chaz the assistant store manager.  Jesus Fucking Christ, I was totally screwed.  It was too late for me to duck and hide. I missed my window of opportunity, one of my colleges had probably notified him.  I was so fired.  Maybe I would apply for Target, I heard that they are paying their employees $15 bucks an hour. That was definitely more than I was currently making. Those few extra dollars added up. I could buy milk to go with my cheerios.

Chaz banged on the window again, damn it why did the man have to drag me back to reality. I was sort of zoning out. I took a deep breath and gag, oh God it really stunk in here. I looked at Chaz through the window. I hope he felt how miserable I was. I mouthed "What?"

"Are you coming in?"

What the fuck? I guess my confusion must have shown. "I am down three cashiers. You need to come in."

I took another deep breath, gagged, and choked. My eyes started watering. I am not a slower learner, I just never expected to find myself in a situation like this. It took a minute for me to stop choking. I turn my head back to Chaz and looked at him like he was crazy. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that I was currently locked inside the back of a squad car. Also for shits and giggles, all he had to do was look at the surveillance video for this morning. I was pretty positive that someone had advised him of the incident.

"My brother-in-law, Vinny, is a bond bailsman. " He reached into his back pocket in pulled out a white rectangular business card. He slapped the cardboard against the window so I could read Vinny's phone number. Seriously, the business card wasn't even in his wallet and truthfully it looked like it saw a lot of action. How many people did Chaz know that had been arrested? Was his cousin Vinny giving him a commission? And why the fuck would he want someone who was sitting in the back of a squad to show up for their shift?

"I don't have a phone," I said.

"What?" He shouted.

"I don't have a phone," I shouted back

"What do you mean you don't have a phone?" He questioned.

"I work at Walmart." I lamented.

"Girl, I work at Walmart too." He responded, okay there was a big difference in our pay. I was sure of it. If there wasn't he needed to quit. Hell, I needed to quit. I also did have a phone it was just not working and I was currently unable to do anything about it for a variety of reasons which I was not going to explain to him.

He tapped on the window and shouted, "It doesn't matter if you have a phone, you get a free call. Make sure you call Vinny. You need to come in."

"I have a better idea, find the police officer and tell him that I need to work and that he needs to let me go," I said to Chaz.

"How am I suppose to find the officer?"

Sometimes I really wondered how he became a manager. I mean how hard was it to page someone, or to ask the surveillance team to look for an officer. The guy was wearing a damn uniform and parked in front of the store's video camera. All of a sudden, I had a brilliant idea. I wasn't sure if it would work but at least I would annoy Officer LeFou.

"Hey Chez, you are short on cashier right now, right?"

Chez nodded his head in agreement.

"This patrol car belongs to an Officer named LeFou. Find Officer LeFou and get him to let me go and I will work for you right now."

"Hunh"

I looked up towards the heavens, it was a reaction. I don't really believe in one supreme powerful being. Don't judge me, I am not against religion, I am just against people who use it to try to control others. I am more of a believer in the circle of life. I sort of have to believe that there is balance in the universe if not I would literally go off the deep end.

"Chaz page Officer LeFou and tell him to release me that. That this whole incident was recorded and that 1. this is police brutality and 2. this constitutes false imprisonment."

Chaz nodded his head in agreement, "That's good"