Chapter 14

Gaston

Mace, she had a god damn canister of mace.  Who the heal takes on three men in hand to hand combat when they had a can of mace? It defied logic, that she was actually the winner in that fight. What was the point in buying mace and not using it?

"Oh my God, you were going to use that on ME?" Claudia screeched.

Honestly, I was getting a damn headache from all the screeching going on.   Although, in retrospect, I was impressed that she had figured out who the mace was for.   Claudia wasn't known for her intelligence.  I looked over at the girl who was causing all the chaos.  I swore I saw her smirk.  She hid it quickly though. 

I shook her hand again, I really wanted to shake the shit out of her.  It just pissed me off that she could have dealt with this whole situation differently.  She tried to yank her hand away again.  It was a gut reaction, I yanked that hand back towards me.  I really did not expect her to lose her balance in fall into me.    She struck me as the kind of girl who had nine lives and always managed to land on her feet. Holy shit, maybe the career criminal in the other room was right! May she was Cat Woman or was it Bat Girl?

I did not have time to ponder the question. Claudia was screaming again and Belle was laying on top of me. Furthermore, I was laying on the break room floor. Who would have thought this waif-like girl would be so damn heavy.  Wait a minute, I was laying on the dirty break room floor? God damnit, my uniform was probably being infected by unknown vermin. My hair, my shoes, what if she has lice?

I couldn't breathe, I wasn't sure if it was because I was laying on the dirty break room floor or the weight pressed against my chest. I even tried to ask her to get off me but the words wouldn't come.  I really didn't have to worry though because Claudia was yanking on the girl's hair and literally dragging her off me. 

It was just then that I heard Lefou let out a shrill whistle and holler at the top of his lungs "CAT FIGHT"

WTF?  The man was not worthy of that badge on his damn chest.  I shove a little and rolled out from under her. I still couldn't seem to catch my breath.  I quickly undid the top two buttons of my shirt.  I looked over at the two women fighting.  A little mud and I might have actually paid to watch this.  Okay sue me, but I liked a woman who was beautiful and knew how to fight dirty.  These two were sure putting on a show for the rest of the squad.  I should break it up but damn it I was still trying to breathe normally.

I saw Belle leap back into the chairs.  "Keep your claws away from me you she-wolf."

The next thing I saw was Claudia leaping on a chair while screaming that she was going to kill Belle.

"You're suppose to protect people, you idiot," Belle shot back.
I couldn't believe no one had stepped in to stop this.  I scanned the room. Yep, multiple officers were watching the exchange.  They seems not to care that a quarter of the chairs in the break room had been knocked over.   Claudia then did a back flip and not the table .  It was a scene from that movie Kill Bill. Who knew that she was so athletic?  I knew I had to stop this but it was like a run away train. I really had no idea how to stop this. Claudia was impossible to stop once she reached her limit and Belle had clearly pushed her way best that limit. Belle was the unknown here but she manage to take out thee thugs with only a minor scarp. Both females were dangerous and both were relatively tiny. On any given day I probably would have chosen Claudia as the winner of any fight but Belle was definitely in a league of her own.

I panned the room again looking for any possible allies to help with the 2 women. Lefou  has his phone out.  Crap he was worst the an angst teenager. It was clear he was filming this event. I reached over and snatched his phone.

"What the fuck?" He shouted clearly annoyed but as soon as he realized who had pulled the phone out he started back tracking.
"Captain, hmm"

I didn't give him a chance. I knew he was going to try to use the film as leverage against Claudia. He had been clearly hedging his bet on Belle winning. 

"You grab Claudia and take her to my office."
"What?"

I sighed, why was I surround by idiots.  What had I done in my life to deserve this shit.  I pointed to Claudia and repeated myself, "get her out of here!"

"But I might get hurt'" He shuttered.

Duh, that was a given Claudia was not going to back down unless she drew blood. Lefou was going to be her victim. 

I smirked, "are you telling me that you are afraid of a little blonde girl?"

"Are you sure you belong on the force?"  I figured I need to encourage him a little bit.

"But, but"

I pushed Lefou towards the 2 girls.  Okay, okay I admitted it.  I pushed him right into the middle of the fight.  I saw Belle glance at him. Claudia on the other hand didn't even blink.  She reinforced my opinion that she was  more dangerous than Belle.  I marched over to the fight and grabbed Belle around the waist. I  hauled her over my shoulder and stormed out.  I could her Claudia screeching and Lefou mumbling.  I heard some more chairs crash and Lefou yelp of pain. I would probably get an earful over beer tonight. Apparently, I was going to be paying for rounds. This girl on my shoulder was making crazy. I couldn't decide what I wanted to do with her.