Chapter 17

Gaston

This chic had issues. She clearly thought she could take Claudia. She was lucky I interfered. Claudia fought dirty. There wasn't an honest bone in her body. Bella had the right opinion, Claudia was definitely not cop material.  This was just a stage she was passing through until she found a rich husband.
Hell, if you ever did a speed trap with Claudia well some things just become obvious.  For example the more expensive the car the faster she was to pull them over. Even if the sucker (oops driver)  wasn't speeding she would find some obscure reason to pull them over.  Then she would literally spend 20 minutes or so looking at the provided information.  I personally felt as though she was trying to store the information in her head so that she could do a neighborhood patrol.  You are probably laughing but I have been dragged to one such event and she literally loitered in front of one guy's home. When he came out she told him she saw a suspicious fellow and she was just making sure the streets were safe.

That was Claudia. She had three critical criteria 1.  Money made you hot 2. Being hot made you desirable enough for her to talk to 3. Popularity in her book meant you probably also meet one of the other criteria. 
I was almost to the door.  I had one goal and it was relatively simple: I was going to park the Walmart beauty in my patrol car and drive her home like the good decent cop I was. Then I was going to call in personnel plead a headache because honestly, this woman made my head spin.

"Ouch,  Jesus mother fuckin Christ. Did you just bite my ass?"  I shouted out loud and dropped her onto the floor. I couldn't help myself.  The unexpected pain made me jump in surprise and instinct took over.
I felt bad because I heard her head hit the door. I probably saw it as well but honestly, everything happened so fast and I was too busy rubbing my ass to be overly concern about the woman now lying across my feet. I felt as if I had been stung by a wasp. Jesus, was her bite venomous? Man, it hurt, and no I wasn't whining. The damn bite hurt, I didn't think I would get superpowers, I wasn't that lucky. No, I would be the dumbass fellow that became a girl once a month. Seriously that was my type of luck. No offense but I have no desire to be a female. I liked my body the way it was. All hard muscles that took hours at the gym to maintain.
I rub my ass and growl down at the girl who was signal handily wrecking my image as the world's best cop. Ok, maybe not the world but I was sure I was the best cop in Miami-Dade County. Not anybody could win all the medals I had.

I watch her rub her head. I knew there was no way I cracked her skull but for a single moment, a feeling of intense inner glee shook my body when I saw her wince. My ass hurt like a bitch so her wince was a minor payback.

"Get up" I growled. Yes, I could have said it nicer but my nice levels were depleted by trying to help her.

She looked at me then had the audaciousness to lay back down across the entryway.
I sighed loudly enough that I was sure she could hear.

"Ms. De Fluer, you cannot go to sleep in front of the entryway. Nor can you sleep outside the police station."  I let my voice convey all the exasperation I was currently feeling. Just for the record, my current levels of exasperation were at a maximum.

"Ms. De Fluer, get up now". I silently added before I do something stupid. Something we will both regret.

The girl winched and seemed determined to ignore my order. She might even have continued to lay on the floor but the noise of running feet pounding down the hallway and venous shrieking clearly change her mind. She jumped up and looked warily around.  Clearly, she had some type of survival instinct even if it was delayed. Or maybe she did not view him as a threat. Claudia was clearly a threat and she had clearly escaped Lefou.

"The door is that way". I said making a hand gesture towards the door. Really my patience was at an end not that it meant anything because if I was being honest my patience had ended 20 minutes after we had brought her into the station.

Belle looked at me as if I was the insane one.  She looked at door and then back at me. She shocked her head a clear indication that she had no intention of leaving. "Damn why me?  Why me?  Why did I take this shift?"  I silently questioned the heavens.
I looked back at the door but Belle was gone. It was too much to hope that she had left. 

I sighed dramatically.  I knew what was coming next. I graduated at the top of my class but even if I hadn't graduated Magna Cum Laude I would still be able to predict what was going to happen. Hell, I would have to be a complete idiot to miss all the signs.   Why had I brought her back into the police station? Why? Why? Why?  I wanted to bang my head against the wall. I wanted a do-over. I would never ever never volunteer to interview the waif-like girl who made a bunch of thugs whine. 

I knew I was going to regret it but I turned around slowly. I couldn't stop the train wreck about to happen. I couldn't ignore it either.   It was like watching a horror movie. No matter how frightened you were you felt obligated to see the end.  To see if good triumph over evil, etc.  This my friends was a horror picture in slow motion.

Amazingly, Belle was standing there.  Did I say standing?  I shook my head but the vision before me did not alter.  This was a nightmare and my brain was processing all the details in slow motion.  Claudia bursting through the door.  The sweat visibly dripping off her face. Belle several feet away thinking she was the next karate kid. Seriously the girl had issues.  She had her hands in the air and one leg hiked up. She looked like a bird about to take flight. Who really believed that scene in the karate kid really worked?  I mean any sane person would realize it was a work of fiction.  Right?