Revelations Part 1: A bond is formed

Heyy people. Here it is, the revelations you've all been waiting for. I decided to divide Flora's backstory in six parts. The first three will focus on Catherine and her story and the last three will focus on Flora.

I know six chapters is a lot for a backstory, but I wanted you to have as many details as possible about Flora's life before she went to Alfea and her relationship with different people in her life. I also wanted you to be able to connect with and understand Catherine emotionally and mentally. Therefore, I will be introducing many new characters, some very important and some merely there for historical purposes.

To make things easier for you, by the end of each chapter I'll make a list of the most important characters that appeared. I know this is too crazy, but I promise you that everything will make sense and tie together in the end.

First thing you should know is that the backstory was based on the Tv Shows Once Upon A Time and Reign, so there will be similarities. Most of the characters that you'll see in the next 5 chapters actually existed, though I altered some names and dates in order to fit in. Being a history student, I took the liberty of putting in a lot of my knowledge. Happy reading!

WARNING: THE NEXT FEW CHAPTERS WILL CONTAIN SCENES OF STRONG THEMES SUCH AS VIOLENCE, MURDER, MISCARRIAGE, RAPE AND ABUSE. IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE TO EITHER OF THOSE I ADVISE YOU NOT TO READ IT.

Florence, 1523...

It was a year of war, well several years. The Italian Wars had been going on ever since 1521. Italy had made enemies with France and the french were showing no mercy to italian people. Families had been destroyed, children left orphans, fathers had been forced to join the army. This war was different from others, though, because everyone somehow got involved. The rich and the poor, even the pope was involved. No one even knew how these wars had started and no one thought they would ever end.

There was a neighbourhood in Florence where the richest lived, noble families that would usually be unaffected by war. It were neighbourhoods like this that France chose to destroy this time, they were the core of Italy and without their money, the cities wouldn't survive. In a grand green house lived the Medicci Family. On March 26th of 1523, their house was burnt down and robbed by the french.

A man in his late thirties was seen walking towards the house after it's destruction. His face showed concern and horror as he rapidly approached what was left of the Medicci's home. Many people screamed as he walked into the wreckers, telling him he was crazy and would only get himself hurt. He didn't care, though. He had to know if everyone in the house was truly dead.

He passed through many burnt furnitures and bodies of the Mediccis until he reached the garden in the back. It was huge and filled with white roses, the wife of the owner's favorite flowers. As he reached the garden, he saw that the great oak tree that rested there had fallen and he also noticed a small hand behind the tree. As he walked towards it, a young girl managed to come out from under the tree. She had curly blonde hair that was now a mess, creamy skin and chocolate eyes that showed fear and despair. Her hands and shoulder were badly burnt and her leg was bleeding, but she was still alive.

"Catarina." The man screamed and as the girl looked at him, her face showed relief. He ran towards her and kneeled by her side. "My dear god, Catarina." The two hugged as the girl started crying. For a few minutes, they were silent until the girl decided to speak.

"They came from nowhere. I... we weren't expecting it." Her voice was hoarse with tears as she looked at what used to be her home.

"I know, dear. I know." He comforted her and she shivered as she recalled the moment the fire had started. She had been picking flowers in a park nearby when she overheard people talking about the fire. She had come running home to find her parents, the maids and the butler, were all dead. She had been searching for her brother when the tree had fallen near her and she had been trapped.