Back To Work

Hey, people. It's been a while. I finally decided to finish this story, since you deserve to know how it ends. So I'm posting all of the remaining chapters now. 

Okay, so before the chapters start, let me tell you that here we have a huge Once Upon a Time reference. Actually, it's not a reference, it's shameless copying. So, let it be clear that I don't own that show. I just used the idea from S5. Now on to the chapter!

2 weeks later...

Musa sat in a comfortable chair in the Winx's dorm room at Alfea. They had just come back from their visit on Earth, one that she hadn't participated because she had been busy working just as she was now. After Krystal's party, Catherine's mysterious notebook had been given back to the fairy of music. When she had showed it to Miss. Faragonda, the headmistress had said that it could be very useful to them, so Musa had been in charge of listing all the spells in the book.

Since she had no knowledge of Italian, language used on the book, Tecna had lent her a dictionary that the fairy of technology had bought during their mission to Earth years ago. Therefore, Musa was stuck in Alfea trying to translate the spells to their language. It gave her time to think about what had happened in the past 3 months and reflect on her relationship with Riven. The maroon specialist had been acting weird ever since they had visited his mother and she was having trouble understanding why. A smile came to her face as she dropped her pen while thinking back to their visit.

"This place is so far." Riven had complained once they had finally reached the cemetery. Since she had flied all the way there, she had nothing to complain about, but he had been running after her, so he was tired. The flowers her father had given them were safely placed inside her purse after she used a miniaturizing spell.

"But we're here now." She had attempted to reason with him.

"Yeah, we are. This place's creepy." He had said and Musa had rolled her eyes.

"Come on." She had called him before walking ahead of him and he had followed her along the graves. It had taken them almost an hour to find his mother's grave, but at last they had arrived there. They had stared at the white grave filled with flowers where it read Elena Di Nola , 1978-2016. (Yep, I made up her name since it isn't said. For anyone who's interested, it was based on a character from the show Jane The Virgin)

"So... Is there something you want to say?" Musa had asked him and when he had looked at her, she had seen the tears threatening to fall.

"I don't know." He had said while his grip on the bouquet got tighter.

"How about you share something, a good memory?" She had suggested and he had given her a thankful smile.

"Okay. So,when I was 5 she took me to the park once. It was one of these rare moments when everything was calm and peaceful, that's why I loved the park. Usually I would go to the swings and she would sit down in the bench, watching over me. She thought that I didn't notice how sad she looked, but I did. So on that day, I asked her to come to the swings with me because I thought that maybe she could be happier if she had some fun.

She laughed before she accepted my request and she went to the swings by my side. It was the best afternoon I had the first time I didn't feel bad for her because she laughed and she had fun. Of course, I had no idea that she would leave in only a few days, but it was fun that day." He had finished telling the tale and a few tears had fallen. Musa had pretended not to notice it, knowing how he hated when people mentioned that he was crying. (PS here: since I don't know why his mother left him, let's pretend that it was because she had him too young and wasn't ready to be a mother. So she wanted him to have a chance at a better life with someone who would take good care of him, but since Riven was so connected to her, it ended up hurting him too much.)