Time Changes Everything

And here we have another one. Once we reach 15 views  to chapters 22 and 23, the next one will be posted. 

Okay, so here it is. The most heartbreaking chapter I've ever written. I am feeling down right now, so I'll be spending the rest of my day watching comedies, because seriously, this is sad. This chapter is mostly about Flora, Henry and Catherine, but we do have some Flora X Helia scenes and also with the Winx and Specialists. I actually had fun writing this chapter, it is so intense that I could feel what the characters were feeling. I think it will go second in my fav chapter's list.

Happy reading! Or rather, good luck!

August 4th of 1543...

It was late at night and the palace was unusually quiet. The sound of footsteps was heard as a man walked along the corridors until he reached the door that led outside. He pushed it gently and stepped outside. He looked around at the quiet gardens before his eyes spotted the one he was searching for. He took a deep breath before walking towards the fountain where she sat. Her gaze was so focused on the water that she didn't notice when he reached her.

"Goodnight, love." He said gently and softly and she almost jumped.

"Henry!" She exclaimed while she stood up to stare at him. He gave her an apologizing look upon seeing the shock on her face.

"I'm sure I startled you, it wasn't my intention." Her face softened and she gave him a small smile.

"It's okay, I'm just glad you're here." She sniffed and he instantly went from curious to worried.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?" He asked and she shook her head as an answer.

"No, I'm not. I... I lost the baby." Catherine confessed sadly and his heart was filled with grief. It had been two weeks since she had given the news that she was pregnant once again and he had been filled with joy.

"That's terrible. I'm so sorry you had to go through that again, love." He said before wrapping his arms around her comfortingly. She cried silently for a few minutes while he held her.

"Thanks for meeting me, I really needed some company now and I didn't want to interrupt Flora's sleep." She told him after they pulled apart. He gave her an understanding look.

"I understand perfectly. I truly wish that this didn't have to happen again." Both sighed as memories of the first time they had lost a child came to their minds. Not wanting to relive the pain yet, Catherine decided to change the subject.

"So, how was the meeting?" She questioned, mentioning to the earlier meeting he had had with his close friend and advisor, Charles Bonnaire.

"Oh, it was good. At least we have one less problem now." Henry commented, sounding uncomfortable.

"What problem are you referring to?" She asked, curious and confused.

"Well, I'm sorry for not telling you before, but you remember the Italian wars, right?" She nodded slowly, fearing where this might be going. "We found out that there was a survivor, a Medicci that apparently wasn't killed all those years ago." Now she was definitely afraid, so she increased the distance between them, stepping back until her legs hit the fountain.

"His name's Alexander and he was nominated as mayor of Florence a few days ago, which is how we found out that he was alive. I guess that he had been hiding before." She was barely hearing him, her mind focused on this new piece of information as disbelief crossed her face.

"This is impossible." She muttered, hoping that it had been low enough so that he wouldn't hear her. He looked at her confusingly.

"What?" She tried to calm herself down and act like these news didn't affect her at all.