Revelations Part 4: A new era

Hello, there. Thanks everyone for the reviews! As promised, here is chapter 14 and the 4 part of the Revelations. Here we take a look at Flora's childhood and the situation with Henry and Catherine continues and gets even more complicated. I'll be doing flashbacks in this chapter and the next, while the third one will be more about the ties to Winx and you'll get one of the answers you've been waiting for.

March 1st, 1530...

It was a day of joy, a day of celebration. Spring had just began and the gardens were beautifully filled with white roses and sunflowers and large trees surrounded the tent that had been built just outside the palace. Said tent hosted many guests coming from far away kingdoms, some even from the New World, as they called it. Each guest had come for a different reasons, they had different objectives, but there was one that outweighed them all: wedding of the King of France.

Said king stood now with his most trusted advisor, Charles Bonnaire, in a private room in the palace. Wearing a beautiful dark blue suit, the king looked even more handsome than ever, his green eyes glowing with excitement, as many would say. It wasn't the truth, though. The king couldn't be unhappier about this wedding.

The reason for his unhappiness was a lady, beautiful and clever. Her name was Catherine Blanchet and she was the one that held King Henry's heart. The two of them had been together for nearly 7 years now, but their relationship was incomplete. Due to Catherine not being royalty or nobility, the two of them could never get married, even though it was their desire. So he was forced to marry someone else, for the sake of his country.

"Oh, Henry, you look so handsome, dear." Said a woman who sat in a chair behind him. Her hair was dark brown and she had tanned skin and big brown eyes. Claude was her name and, for over 20 years, she had been the Queen of France. Henry smiled at his mother as Charles adjusted his tie.

"There, now you look perfect, your majesty." Charles said and Henry gave him a smile too.

"Merci, mon ami. (Thanks, my friend)." Both hugged quickly and soon the door to the private room was opened. Henry turned away from the hug as he wondered who dared to enter the king's private chambers, but his worried expression turned into a smile once he saw who was at the door.

"Daddy!" The little girl with tanned skin and green eyes screamed as she ran towards him. He knelt on the ground and scooped her up in his arms.

"Hey,princess." He gently said as he gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Where's your mamma?" He asked the little girl as he noticed she had come alone. The answer to his question came in the form of a desperate scream coming from the distance.

"Flora? Where are you?" Catherine screamed as she barged into the room. A relieved expression came to her face once she noticed that the little girl was safely resting in her father's arms.

"Looks like you're not so good at controlling your child, Catherine." Claude said in a cold tone as she slowly stood up from her chair. Both women shared a look of despise as Catherine greeted her.

"Good morning, your majesty." She bowed while hatred filled her for the queen who had separated her from Henry and made it impossible for them to be together."Yes, you know how children are. Always running." She said as she cast her daughter a severe look. Flora lowered her head in shame, but then a bright smile came upon her face.

"Daddy, today is a very special day. Guess why, guess!" She insisted and Henry pretended to be in thought.

"Hmmm. Let me see. Is it the anniversary of the battle of Crecy?" He asked and Flora frowned and shook her head.

"No, daddy! That's only in many months." She complained and then crossed her arms on her chest as a sad look came to her face. "Did you forget?" She asked and then pulled her puppy dog eyes that no one could say no to.