Revelations Part 6: Fantasy X Reality

Hey, people. Thanks everyone for the reviews! Here we have the last chapter of Flora's backstory, we'll get back to the present in the next one. I'll let you know that there will be more flashbacks as the story moves forwards, there are some things that still need to be explained.

IMPORTANT: I'm sure many of you are wondering what those characters I introduced look like, so I made a college with the most important ones. Since I didn't figure out how to post it here, I posted it on my tumblr page. You can find me there with the same name: SweetMemories1998. You should check it out once you're done with this chapter.

July, 25th of 1543...

"Oh, Mary, you look so beautiful!" Flora gushed as she looked at her future sister-in-law. The young queen wore a long white dress that flowed behind her. It had long sleeves, but the material of the sleeves was so soft that she wouldn't suffer with the hot weather. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she wore a crown that held the white veil.

"Thanks, Flo. I'm just not sure about this dress anymore." Mary replied with a smile as she looked at herself in the mirror a bit unsure. Greer quickly put a hand on her shoulder and cast her a reassuring smile.

"Hey, I think this dress is just perfect for you. Remember when I got married?" Greer recalled the day she had married Leith, who was now a lord thanks to Will. After Leith saved his life during an attack on the castle by vengeful italians, Will had granted him the title of Lord Bayard as a reward. With his new title, it wasn't so hard to convince Greer's extremely rigorous parents that the marriage between the two lovers was a great idea. They had gotten married earlier that month and were happily living in a chateau near the palace.

"Oh, I do. You were so nervous that you almost spilled wine on my dress." An unhappy Kenna recalled. She sat in a chair near them and she wore the same lilac dress as Flora, Greer and Lola.

"That was an accident. After Lola didn't let me drink it, I was taking it to the table when you came out of nowhere." Greer replied with a frown.

"Girls, please, don't start." Lola attempted to break up their argument. The two immediately stopped, not wanting to stress their pregnant friend. "Thank you." Lola responded while rubbing her stomach. About a month earlier she discovered that she was pregnant with her sweetheart, Colin's child and the two of them had gotten married as well because Lola's parents demanded it. Colin had been planning on proposing to hear anyways, so he was happy. They were still deciding whether they would remain in France like Greer or move back to Scotland.

Due to Mary's marriage to Will, the young queen had suggested that they stayed in Paris, reassuring Lola that she and Will would make sure that they lived well. After two months of knowing the prince she had come to like him and the feeling was returned. Some might even say they were in love, though it might take more time for that to become true. Flora couldn't be happier that her brother had found someone he loved and who made him happy and she was glad that she had made friendship with Mary and her ladies. It was a nice change after spending her childhood with only Will as a friend.

"Okay, I guess this is it then." Mary said and she turned back to her friends with a nervous smile.

"I bet Will won't be able to take his eyes off you." Flora told her with a smirk and she blushed.

"I hope not, then he will make me even more nervous." Mary replied and they all laughed.

"Don't worry, you'll do fine. And after today you'll become queen of France, how great is that?" Kenna said excitedly and Lola glared at her.

"I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet. I wish I could have more time until I got married, like Stella did." Mary replied and she looked at the book resting on the dressing table. The five girls had read that book many times ever since the night Greer had found it.