Joy and Hope

I've reread many chapters of this story and every time I find myself amazed and surprised at how good it turned out, I remember when it was just a dream. This story's my first successful one and also the one that introduced a new style of writing and allowed me to make use of my historical knowledges from college.

Now we only have one more chapter to go after this one. I'm afraid that we're on the final line, guys.

Happy Reading!

5 weeks later...

It had been five weeks since the Winx and Specialists had traveled to Fearwood in order to retrieve the final item to forge the Legendarium key. A lot had happened since then, mostly good things. Locking the Legendarium had been hard, the Trix had become even more protective ever since the key was made and also more ruthless. Many times they would send out surprise attacks towards Alfea, though the Winx managed to keep them at bay.

Flora found herself becoming their new target and she understood how Bloom must have felt for so many years. Eventually they were so concerned by her safety that she was forced to stay at Alfea, hardly ever going out, until the situation was settled. She didn't mind much, though, since Helia was there to keep her company. Their relationship improved a lot ever since they finally settled down what their future would be like.

They kept helping Tecna and Timmy care for their little girl as well as Aisha and Nabu. Every time she would see Helia with them, she would pray to God that one day she could get over her fears and be in the right place to have a child. She knew that Helia had given it up for her and it didn't feel fair. She also knew that he loved kids more than anything and wished to have his own someday. So she prayed and prayed.

She also prayed for her parents, hoping that they had managed to forgive each other and find the happiness she so desperately wanted them to find. She knew that their situation was far from being easy, but she had watched for 16 years as they were in love, but never together for sure. She hoped that Henry had been able to convince France to accept Catherine as the new queen.

Part of her wished that she could be there for them and she missed all the people she had left behind. Greer, Kenna, Lola and Mary. Her dear sister in law who had suffered so much and who needed comfort now. She knew that Mary was far from being over Will's death and she wasn't close either, though it had been over 6 years. When you love someone that much, it's impossible to forget them and moving on takes longer.

Helia understood that better than anyone now and she counted on him to comfort her when she was feeling down as she comforted him when he had more nightmares about her death. She told him more stories about her childhood, about Will, Leonardo and her parents. It felt good, sharing these memories that she carried in her heart and she found herself being able to mention their names without her voice shaking and not crying when she spoke of her dead loved ones.

Their sessions with Dr. Gillian Foster continued and she found herself improving with each one. Helia too got a lot better, after two weeks he stopped having panic attacks and after 5, his nightmares didn't occur overnight, but only a few days a week. It was a great change and both embraced it and seized their nights to sleep comfortably next to each other.

One subject that they still refused to discuss was James. He was their Achiles' heel, the one thing that could bring their relationship down. So they kept their agreement not to mention him, to forget about him as if Flora had never been forced to marry him. Unexpectedly, it turned out to be rather easy and the nature fairy barely had memories of her marriage at all. She guessed it was because she loved Helia so much that she couldn't picture herself being with anyone else.