Danger and Mistakes

Hello, people. So, this chapter is a bit late and I don't like it that much. Hope you'll be able to enjoy it anyways. The one chapter that will make you cry worse than while watching Titanic or Marley & Me will be coming soon too. Seriously, this is so tragic.

Happy reading! Well, not so happy. Good luck!

Two weeks later...

Behind a great oak tree in the palace gardens, a young couple was so lost in each other that it was as if the outside world no longer existed. They wouldn't have been able to notice if anyone passed by them and their secret was revealed to the world. A secret that could get them both killed, but at that moment they didn't care.

"Hmm. Were you that good of a kisser before?" The girl asked once they pulled apart, both breathless. Her light brown hair was now a mess and her green dress that matched her eyes was now kneaded. A crown rested by their feet.

"Sure I was, I guess we didn't have as much passion before." The man with midnight blue hair and eyes responded with a smile. It wasn't a full one, though.

"I guess knowing the consequences makes us more bolder and passionate. I kinda like it." She told him while wrapping her arms around his neck. He didn't give her a smile.

"I don't. I'd rather go back to what we used to be before, Flora. Where I could be with you in front of others, not hiding behind a tree." Her face fell at that statement and she pulled her arms off his neck.

"I know, Helia, and I'm so sorry. But this is the only way that we can be together now." He sighed in distress as he sat down with his back against the tree. She joined him soon and he wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"I guess it's better than us being apart. Life without you would be so dull and empty." He told her and she nodded.

"I really wish that we weren't stuck in this situation. It's not fair to us or James." At that name, she felt him stiff and she regretted mentioning him. "Helia, you know that I don't have feelings for him." She reassured her lover for the millionth time and he gave her a tight smile.

"I know, but that doesn't stop me from hating on him. He got to marry you, if this was a competition, he would be the winner surely." This time she smiled at him as she knew exactly what to say to calm him down.

"He wouldn't be the winner over my heart. It is yours, forever." He smiled back and both moved in for another passionate kiss. There was a cough and both froze in fear. They reluctantly pulled apart and met the eyes of the one who had found them. Relief filled the young couple as they realized there was no danger.

"Hey there, lovebirds." A smirking Greer said as she stared at them.

"Greer! You could have said something instead of just coughing. Are you trying to give me a heart attack?" Flora asked her sternly and she just laughed.

"I'm sorry, you two are just so jumpy." Flora shook her head at her.

"What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be having dinner with Leith?" Helia asked he as he recalled how his newfound friend had mentioned that he would be having an important dinner with Greer and that he had a surprise for her.

"Yep, I am on my way. But first I came here to warn you two, James is back and he demanded that Flora go meet him in their chambers." Greer replied, a somber and serious look on her face as she said James' name. Helia sighed deeply as him and Flora shared reluctant looks.

"Okay, then I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow, my love." Flora told him before she gave him a last kiss. She picked her crown and settled it on her head. After making sure that she looked good enough, she left for her chambers, having no idea what awaited her there.