Revelations Part 5: Losses and gains

Hello, people.  We're almost getting back to the Winx and Specialists. They'll find out the truth somewhere in the next few chapters.

Now, here we'll speed up things a bit, we'll have some memories of Flora's adolescence years and new characters are coming, some very important to this story. I can't wait for you to see the part where the Winx will meet some of this characters, it will be awesome.

This story's turning out to be one pregnancy and one death per chapter. It's so weird and unplanned. So I'll warn you that there are more deaths to come. As I've said many times, this story is more of a tragedy. Sometimes I hate myself for putting you through this, but what can you do, some people have to die for the story to work.

IMPORTANT: EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT CHAPTER 14 AGAIN, CAUSE I JUST ADDED A NEW SCENE THERE. IT'S NOT A VERY IMPORTANT ONE, THOUGH.

Well, this chapter turned out so big I had to cut some parts and add them to the next one. Happy reading!

June 26th of 1541...

In the palace of Paris, joy took over the royal family. It was a hot day, the sun was shining and there were no clouds on the sky. It was perfect, everything was perfect. In the queen's chambers, four people reunited to share this special day. King Henry sat by his wife's side as he stared at the small child in her arms. Catherine Blanchet and her daughter, Flora, stood near them as they watched the scene with smiles, though Catherine's was rather sad and bittersweet. Prince William sat on the other side of the queen as he looked at the newborn.

"She's so beautiful." Henry commented as he stared at the little girl with green eyes, fair skin and a small red head.

"Isn't she? The greatest gift I could have asked for." Queen Isabella told him with a smile and she kissed the baby's forehead.

"If I may say, she's inherited your enchanting beauty, Queen Isabella." Catherine said and the two women shared a smile. Against all odds, they were friends and that friendship had become stronger over the years, Even now, when Isabella held the child of the man Catherine loved, there was no negative energy between them. They both understood each other, understood what the other was going through and that's why Isabella had allowed Catherine to stay in her relationship with Henry and tried her best to make sure Flora was a part of their family. Because they were a family, even if not an ordinary one.

"Thank you. I trust that soon you will be graced with another child of your own." Catherine's smile widened, though she felt like dying inside. Another child. After the death of her dear Rose, she had wanted another child so desperately, needing someone to fill the gap in her heart from that loss just like Flora had filled the one left because of the death of Catherine's parents and younger brother.

"I hope not too soon, I don't think I can handle another little one, after all the trouble we had with these two." Henry joked while pointing at his two children and the three adults laughed.

"Hey, I take offence." Flora complained jokingly.

"I wasn't talking about you, princess, you're a perfect lady. Now, Will, he was the one who drove me crazy." Henry said and Will frowned while Flora laughed.

"Dad! I so did not." He crossed his arms over his chest and Flora laughed even harder.

"Just admit it, Will, you were a difficult one. That's okay, there are some people who are harder than others." Flora tried to soothe him and failed.

"I wasn't difficult. Are you forgetting who almost killed me once?" He asked the three adults in the room and it was Flora's turn to frown.

"Hey, that wasn't my fault! You didn't tell me that those swords were real." She complained and Will just shrugged his shoulders.